Chapter Seventeen

The LeFay household was getting ready for two of them to leave for Hogwarts again. Braeden had already gone to add extra wards and a few fae curses or curses he could use as a Son of Hades to the new safe house Orion had set up. Most of what would have been the new Death Eaters had appeared, all legal enough that they could get their own protection and not have to face the possibility of disownment.

Braeden, Severus, and Cassia appeared at the Hogwarts station. Cassia had spotted James, he had been waiting for them to appear, and she turned around to look up at her dad, "Jamie's here," she said. Braeden scooped his daughter up into a hug, "Watch out for Dumbledick, pray to Hogwarts, your mother, or grandfather if you need too," Braeden said, kissing the top of her head, before turning to Severus, "Be careful of that muggleborn and Dumbledick, they are going to find out you aren't under potions anymore either. Stick with the others, in the dorms stick with Regulus, if his instincts are going off, you listen to him. And keep your ring on, it'll give you extra protection," he told him. Braeden had drilled it into his head that he needed to where the Prince Heir ring, even if he was a natural in Occlumency, which was common in demi-wizards apparently, it would give him indications on if he was about to digest a potion.

Everyone in the godly group had a ring, Pandora was given a Lestrange ring after she voiced her opinions to her parents. The Lestranges were actually supportive of Rabastan and Rodolphus making a run for it, they had noticed the Dark Lord's increased insanity and didn't support it any longer. As a result, Pandora would be staying at the safe house if she wasn't at another's house. Xeno, Marlene, Alice, Frank, Sirius, Cassia, and James all had their Heir Rings, apparently James' and Cassia's were stronger because they had more than one Heirship. It explained why James was primarily under compulsions, his ring indicated potions, now it prevented compulsions. Charlus had it added to the Potter-Peverell-Gryffindor Lord, Lady, and Heir rings. Orion had gone to the goblins and requested a Heir Apparent ring, this would act like the Heir ring but it wasn't as extravagant as the actual one was. This ring would go to Regulus, so he would get the Heir Ring when Sirius took the Lordship and Orion would just carry a Black ring.

Severus quietly followed behind Cassia, he was still nervous around the others but it had calmed significantly, unless he was around James. James had been talking more and more, but he still had a bit of a rasp to his voice. He had visited the Underworld a bit more to learn about his abilities but it's a bit hard when the God of Death is openly glaring at you. He would be so thankful when Orion would come with because he would flirt and distract the god.

"Hi Severus," Regulus greeted as the Black brothers quickly joined the technically niece and uncle duo. Sirius gave him a quick nod in greeting before walking up with Cassia. They met up with James, who had still been patiently waiting. Merlin apparently wanted attention because the fox pup let out a screech and ran for the Potter.

Severus didn't know how, but he somehow got split from the others, he was trying to follow them and keep up with them, and he was, but he still ended up separated. "Hi Sev," came the voice of a familiar redhead that he started to despise. "Evans," he replied coldly. Lily flinched and had a look of shock on her face, "What's with the attitude, I hadn't seen you all winter, and I'm sorry to hear about your father. Where are you staying now?" she asked a bit too eagerly.

"Severus," came Regulus' voice, "We've been trying to find you, come on," he said, sticking his head in the room. "Oh, I'll come—," Lily started.

"It's not necessary," Regulus interrupted just as coldly as Severus did before. Severus quickly walked out the door to find James there. "We've been looking for you for almost five minutes, I sensed you down this way and Reg smelt Evans and said some surprisingly colorful curse words," James said. It was awkward between the two, but knowing the nature of Severus, James knew he was going to have to be the one to try first.

Regulus finally came out, face red from the anger that he just released, "Feel better?" James asked. "Oh yeah," Regulus responded and the three of them walked back down to where the others were. "Evans is already getting involved, she was confronting Severus," James informed them, voice beginning to go raspy. He sat down next to Cassia who was petting a sleepy Merlin while she had been talking to Xeno about some new illusion he had managed to create.

"She really wanted to know where he lived, not like we could actually say anything," Regulus added. All properties were hidden, only the Lord and Lady could give the location of the Ancestral Homes, all other members of the house would know the location, but they couldn't speak its location without permission. Orion had moved him and his sons into the Black Ancestral Home, which like the Potter-Peverell-Gryffindor Ancestral Home, the McKinnon Ancestral Home, the Lestrange Ancestral Home, the Lovegood Ancestral Home, the Lefay-Ravenclaw Ancestral Home, the Longbottom Ancestral Home, the Fortescue Ancestral Home, and as they found out, the Prince Ancestral Home, all fell under this specific charm.

They all quietly talked, Severus overhearing about them going to America in the summer, he had briefly heard Braeden talking about a camp but he didn't know what that meant yet.

Severus noticed where he sat in the Great Hall, that many of the older Slytherin's looked a lot calmer, Lucius and Narcissa sat a bit down from him and Regulus and looked quite relaxed. At the Gryffindor table, James was turned around to face the Ravenclaw table, watching as Cassia fed Merlin some of her food as the fox preened at the attention he was getting from other classmates, at least until they heard, "What in Merlin's name is that thing?!"