Chapter Eighteen

Third POV

Cassia looked right up at the voice, "Merlin," was all she said. Lily, the owner of the voice, just put her hands on her hips, "Are you mocking me? Are you repeating what I say? How childish of you! And to bring that into this school," she turned around, "Dumbledore! She brought a fox!" she announced. Everybody's attention was caught, the Hufflepuffs looking wide eyed, wondering where this was going to go. The Ravenclaws glared at the redhead. The Slytherins were a mix of rolling their eyes and glaring. The Gryffindors were cautious. They might've been the more rambunctious group; it didn't mean they didn't notice things. The fox was completely relaxed in Cassia's arms, only moving to try to comfort the girl after Lily had spoken. Then there was the fact the whole table could feel the aura coming from James. The Potter was completely frozen and tense, ready to strike if Cassia was in danger.

Dumbledore stood up, "My girl—,"

"It's Heiress LeFay, I do not like being referred to as that," Cassia interrupted.

"Now, why do you have that with you?" Dumbledore asked.

"Why is he talking about this with everybody here?" Marlene asked.

"Because he's Dumbledick," Sirius answered her.

"He's my familiar, his name is Merlin. I'm allowed to keep my familiar, and if not, you will definitely be hearing from my father," Cassia spoke up, answering Dumbledore.

"And the Potters," James added. Charlus had taken up his other Lordships but had worked quietly with them. James wondered what Dumbledore's reaction would be if he found out who Lord Gryffindor was, and that Lord Gryffindor and Lord Peverell are the same person.

"And the Blacks," Sirius declared, Regulus, Narcissa, and Andromeda all nodding in agreement knowing even Bellatrix would agree. Frank had announced his own house, so did Xeno (who promptly scared some people with the smile on his face), Pandora looked like she wanted to add her house but she couldn't declare it, she didn't have the power too. "So will Lestrange," Rabastan's voice announced. Pandora's head jerked over to her brother's receiving a small smile from him. Pandora gave him an excited smile back; her brothers had been trying to get to know her again, having to be separated from her to keep her safe. Rodolphus had taken up his Lordship and stayed in hiding, as a result, Rabastan became the Heir.

Dumbledore had paled, that was a LOT of Houses against him. Then there was the creature law. He knew James was a creature, and Cassia was his mate, if one mate was harmed in any way, the mate could step in and give out the punishment. From James' tense nature, he was going to declare this harming his mate. Nobody could have their familiar taken away from them, it makes them unstable if they are separated.

Lily seemed to not understand and stomped her foot childishly as she sat back down, knowing nothing was going to happen. She could swear that the damn fox was actually laughing at her.

A few weeks later the group was outside in the forest. The centaurs knew they were there, they could sense them. The demigods were normally friendly with them, having already met Chiron. Severus, James, Sirius, and Regulus had never met Chiron, but were told about him and the centaurs that lived in the Forbidden forest. Regulus and Severus arrived at the spot the others were at, "Where are James and Cassia?" Regulus asked.

Some of the others looked around trying to find them, eventually Sirius snorted, drawing the attention of the others, "In plain sight, but not," he commented pointing in a direction. The group knew James, like the brothers and Cassia, were animagi, so the 'in plain sight' was the stag strolling around nearby. The 'but not' was the completely black fox, known as Trix, laying her head on top of the stag's head, seemingly taking a snooze there. Merlin was running between the stag's legs, careful not to trip him because he was holding the other fox. "That is adorable and funny at the same time," Marlene commented.

Alice checked the time, "Come on we have to go in, curfew is coming," she announced. Xeno had walked over to the stag and foxes, helping the fox down from the stag. Prongs, the stag, changed back into James, taking Trix back and waking her up so she could turn back into Cassia.

Months had passed and it was getting close to end of the school year, the group was heading to the Room of Requirement to study for O.W.Ls when Cassia froze. Everybody's attention was caught; she and James had been walking in the front. James kept a hold of her hand so she would immediately know he was there once the visions were done. Pandora and even Hecate had warned him that Cassia had gained the ability to see outcomes, it came with Hecate's crossroads domain. Like with Apollo and the rarity that his children would gain the ability of prophecy, Hecate's children rarely gained the crossroads ability. James though, was alarmed when he saw Cassia's scared face when she came out of the vision, "Do you want to study someone else?" he asked quietly. He felt her nod and motioned for the group to head back down to the library. Before they started, Cassia had to write a letter to her father. She knew something dark was hidden in the room.

(A/N: Okay, before I update next time, I will be starting school again. Please stop asking for updates, there won't be as many for now because I will be concentrating on classes)