Chapter Seven

Third POV

"So we did a thing and wanted to know if you guys wanted to be in on it," Sirius started. He pulled out the parchment, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good," he said, pointing his wand to the map. He had made sure to put up a silencing spell beforehand. The group watched as the ink appeared, and opened to show a map of the school and the many people walking around. "Sirius and I had made this to help sneak around without being caught and not having to take the Cloak all the time, Remus and Peter didn't know we were doing this, but we thought it would be better if you guys were in on it instead of them," James explained. Xeno, Pandora, and Cassia, being the Ravenclaws they were wanted ot know how they did it. The rest had already agreed, and wanted copies of there own. Sirius and James both agreed to make one for the Ravenclaw trio, one for Alice and Marlene, and one for Regulus. Each map would be labeled with some hidden name for them but would have the same password so they could all use a random one. "Oooh can I put a pig shifting charm on it if it doesn't recognize our magic?!" Cassia picked up with a big grin.

"What is with you Hecate kids and the pig shifting charms?!" Frank spoke up.

"It's hilarious," Cassia defended herself and turned back to James, "Can we?!" she asked again, getting right into his face. James nodded, of course he nodded, he couldn't say no to her, and of course Marlene and Sirius had to point that out and got subtly flipped off by James who was currently enjoying the hug Cassia just gave him in her excitement. "I get to put it on," she declared with a straight face, her emotions completely changing, "It stays between me and my siblings," she added.

Severus Snape had been trying to heal the constant sunburns he was getting, he looked like he had a permanent blush on his face and he didn't like it. He had entered the hallway after getting burned, again, and was startled when he almost fell into the shadows. He heard giggling and turned to find Peeves, "Snapey almost fall into shadows! Poor Snivvy gonna do something he regrets!" the poltergeist shrieked.

"Go away!" Severus screamed and Peeves left no question. Severus stared stunned before trying the shadow thing again. He looked back again and was startled to see Regulus standing there, right in front of him. He won't admit that he let out a girlish scream, especially with the group that was standing behind him.

Peeves knew he had to find the Hades Legacy and the one he knew was Death's favored along with the dogs. Where were they? He caught them coming back in, "Snivvy's getting powers, he almost fell in a shadow and ordered Peevsie away," he pouted but beamed at the thanks he got from the group. The group went and found Severus trying to put his arm into the shadow again before Regulus stepped beside him and he screamed. "What's wrong?" Regulus asked. Severus thought the others were laughing at him but that might have been his paranoia, Xeno had pointed out that Severus had been very paranoid lately. Apparently Remus and Peter had still been pranking him and he thought James and Sirius were in on it.

"Nothing!" he snarled out and ran away. He couldn't stand that those two were happy, they had their arms around the shoulders of their prospective girlfriends as if they were showing them off, really they were getting them into position in case they had to protect them, they knew they could do it themselves, but it's their instincts kicking in.

"What are we going to do with him now?" Frank asked.

"My dad said once his abilities kicked in because grandpa slowed his abilities down, trying to make it least likely that he was that prophecy child, because grandpa and his brothers didn't see it and Alice's father confirmed it, that he would take him in as a ward, until he can move out and take over the Prince Line, I doubt he even knows he's the Prince Heir," Cassia said. James didn't like this, yes Braeden could take Severus in, being his brother and all, but he didn't want Severus near Cassia. He learned about fatal flaws and that Hades children hold grudges. Cassia being the God's granddaughter did have that fatal flaw too but Braeden taught her how to know when to let go of it.

These events happened over a few more months, Severus trying to get Lily's attention, Lily trying to get James' attention, James and Sirius ignoring Remus, Peter, and Lily, James and Sirius not helping Remus in the full moons anymore (they would change the memories with Xeno's help for them to think they did, they wouldn't bother helping a werewolf that was killing itself with that potion), James and Cassia getting closer (he absolutely adored her and was smitten), Sirius and Marlene getting closer, Sirius and Regulus' relationship getting fixed, Severus trying to run away from James and Sirius, occasionally almost slipping into a shadow. That was, until a little bit before winter break, when Severus actually fully put himself into a shadow and couldn't escape.