Chapter Nineteen

(Third POV)

Charlus, Dorea, and Orion were over at the LeFay Manor discussing the topic of a certain Dark Lord and a certain Goat that needed to be destroyed. They were gaining information from the witches and wizards they gave protection to and Lucius had given the tad bit of information about a diary in his Manor's library that gave him a bad aura. Braeden then came to a conclusion about something and brought the others to his office. Braeden and Orion had also been noticing Charlus' antsy nature, and were keeping quiet about it. Braeden and Charlus were noticing Orion's paranoia increasing but kept quiet.

"I remember Father would go on and on about Tom Riddle and I never figured out why until Lucius said that. There is a very dark spell, actually using black magic, so Orion may know what I'm talking about," Braeden jerked his head in Orion's direction. The Blacks thought it was amusing that people thought they were evil because black magic and Black magic, so they collected things about black magic just to fuck with people. "There is something called a horcrux," Braeden adds, Orion's jaw dropping in response.

"Oh hell no, he's screwed, he's so screwed, no wonder Thany always gets angry to, I don't like seeing him frown, Tom Riddle makes him frown," Orion muttered at the end but everyone heard him.

"Would you shag him already?" Dorea teased. He didn't exactly hide that he had a thing for the God of Death.

Then an owl appeared in the room, holding a letter out to Braeden, as he read it, he grew angrier and angrier. "There's one in the school," he told them, making them look at him in surprise. "I also think Cassia got a new ability, if that's the case there is most definitely one in the school," he adds, remembering the warning he had gotten about Cassia being a seer of some sort.

A frustrated Thanatos entered the room, almost immediately hearing a "SMILE," being demanded by Orion, it almost worked, but Orion was satisfied with the quirk in the god's lips. An angry but amused Hades walked in afterward with a blushing Hecate beign dragged after, "Yes, she did gain an ability. The more a god likes the mortal parent, the more abilities the child gets, Hecate really likes you," Hades teased his son. The gold glow on Hecate's cheeks grew darker as she saw the smirk grow on Braeden's face.

"Okay, back to the topic," Charlus spoke up, saving Hecate from her embarrassment and saving Thanatos from Orion's attempts at making him smile. Hades and Thanatos looked frustrated and angry again while Hecate looked disappointed. "Yes, Tom Riddle at this point has five horcruxes, he split his soul five times," Hecate explained. Charlus was now understanding Thanatos' frustration and anger, the wizard gave himself an out from meeting the god. Charlus was angry about it too.

"What did Cassia see?" Hecate asked. Orion and the Potters turned back to Braeden, not knowing what Cassia's new ability was, "She saw two scenarios, one going into a hidden room to study, but none of them would be settled at all. The other is they find what is making them on edge and she described it as so evil it belongs in the Pit," Braeden repeated what is daughter told him.

"That is a horcrux," Hecate confirmed.

Dorea had seemed to be thinking about something, "Is there any protection against one if it might affect someone when touching it?" she asked.

"Anybody associated with us three," Hades pointed to himself and the two other gods, "Can spot and/or hold one. I haven't exactly spoken about this, but Thanatos has seen a horcrux before and can spot the soul on it. My theory is Charlus and James might be able to also," Hades looked at Thanatos to confirm. The God of Death nods and adds, "If James' instincts go off from his creature, and he could technically collect the item as a punishment against Tom Riddle."

Hecate saw the hesitance of the others, "We didn't want them to get involved either, but there is one in the school. Hogwarts protects her heirs, and she knows Sirius and Regulus are Guards, those two will instinctually know where it is, because it's dangerous," she says. The others reluctantly agree before Braeden sent a letter back to his daughter, they agreed to hold it off until the summer.

After the decision had been made, Orion and the Potters were getting ready to leave. "I need ot stop by the Ministry, you go home," Charlus told his wife. Orion's instincts went off, "I'll join, I need to stop by their too," he adds. Braeden's jaw clenched, as the two left. Dorea quickly left afterwards, heading home after seeing the Black sisters at the safe house. Hecate approached Braeden, "It'll be all right," she promised, pulling him into a hug, Hades watching his son with a sad expression. He knew Braeden sensed what he did, but neither knew when it would occur. He also saw Thanatos looked even more upset then he did before.

Cassia a few hours prior was sucked into another vision, another one she didn't like. James noticed his mate was more distressed then the vision she had the previous day, "What is it?" he asked. Cassia couldn't bring herself to say it out loud, so she whispered it in his ear. James' eyes widened before he rushed out of the room, pulling Sirius and Regulus up the stairs.

That night in the dorms, Pandora was hit with a vision, when she left the vision, she curled up in her blankets, pulling the pillow she took from Xeno's bed closer to her for comfort. Walking towards the Great Hall, she saw the stressed Black brothers and James. Pandora made eye contact with Cassia and felt the tears come up again. "No, no, no," James could hear Cassia mutter. James, Sirius, and Regulus knew their letters had arrived too late as some Aurors walked in, Lord LeFay walking behind as the newspapers were dropped by, the front page reading: 'Lord Potter and Lord Black attacked.'