Chapter Nine

Third POV

Cassia pretty much exhausted herself out and was just leaning against her grandfather. Hades wasn't going to let go of his small, distraught granddaughter, knowing only a small thing could set her off again. He looked at James' spirit that Cassia could not look at but Thanatos, Hecate, Charlus, Orion, Sirius, and Regulus could all also see him. So could Severus, he was in shock. Why didn't he say the countercurse?! He thought this was the ultimate revenge for him and his grudge, but now seeing one of his bullies pale, bloody, and dead, while what he assumed was his ghost was next to his body and currently glaring at him while sometimes looking away when Cassia starting sobbing again.

Severus and the others who could see the spirit, who has not said a word, were starting to notice something off with his eyes, one had become completely white and one completely black. James' spirit kept shifting, he wasn't moving but his features were shifting. By now Cassia was looking at the spirit too. "Shit," Charlus spoke causing all the attention to shift to him, "Is he?" he asked Thanatos who had nodded.

"There's a secret Potter inheritance, but it doesn't come with their sixteenth birthday," Charlus told his wife while Hecate had summoned some bindings and was putting it over James' body.

"What is it?"

"There is a type of demon known as a Collector (A/N: I'm making this up by the way) it's rather similar to one of Hecate's Crossroads demons as it can make deals, but it can collect anything. It knows all deals, it knows when someone's death is coming, and if someone interferes it can cause chaos to make sure the person gives up what he needed to collect. The problem is, it's ability is like an Obscurus, it can turn into and unleash that black smoke an Obscurial has, just this is more tame, so they don't get confused they a completely black eye like a demon and a completely white eye like an Obscurial," Charlus explained.

"So basically, it's representing Hades, Thanatos, and Hecate all in one," Orion spoke up, "Demon," he pointed to Hades, "Reaper," he pointed to Thanatos, "And an inherited Obscurial, we'll call it that. Yes, I knew about it. I didn't think this situation would've happened or else I would have told Sirius and Regulus," he explained, giving Severus a murderous look.

"Mr. Potter," Marlene spoke up from her distressed boyfriend's side as the sun had started going down, "You said it didn't appear on a sixteenth birthday like an inheritance, so how does it show up?"

Before Charlus could respond, a raspy breath was heard. Everybody's head jerked to see James was in fact breathing again, "It appears after they die."

"Okay, since Hecate can better use her magic and if her daughter can join in," Apollo started, he didn't want to say Cassia's name in case it set James off, "We can get the cut on his neck closed. When he comes around more, he may have to be held down," he finished.

Severus watched as the black haired woman in purple who for some reason had this glowing green smoke around her feet, it was mist like. She held her hand over his neck while Cassia moved to the other side and they both mumbled some words while Apollo stood over, mumbling his own words. Minerva stood with James' mother who had been obviously crying as they stood next to the bed the other demigods were on. Hades, Thanatos, Orion, Sirius, Regulus, Frank and Xeno stood around James' bed.

Most of the damage had been fixed when Hecate and Hades noticed James' eyes opening and see a white eye and a black eye, and noticed him tensing. "Hold!" Hades called while the other women got out of the way. They had been warned that James' new abilities could throw them all away. The women added a cushioning charm to the walls, just in time too, James had started struggling and a blast of black smoke had thrown everyone against the walls, except Cassia of course. James was trying to get out of his binds, or his creature was, until he felt the hand that stroking his hair. He looked up and saw Cassia's now deep purple eyes and the hand that was going through his hair and calmed down some, "We're just trying to close the wound on your neck, let us finish and let Jay recover, okay?" Cassia said in a calm voice.