World Champion Item

[ Dev's POV ]

"Are you sure this is what you want? Remember, there are other things you can choose."

The Dev stood in front of Malice with an complex expression, though it was not viewable in the game. It had been over thirteen minutes since he had given all nine of the World Champions the permission for item creation of their personal item. In front of him was Malice, she had confirmed to him that her item would be a sword.

She walked over giving the design, flavor text, and abilities to him through the status menu. Even the Dev could agree that it was a very nice sword. It was adorned with black and clear crystals that complemented her armor. Not to mention the abilities she wanted for the sword were doable, it wasn't too overpowered nor was it too weak for a World Champion Class item.

He thought that it was a pretty good idea for a weapon, however, that was it. To him, this sword was nothing too special, it was something anyone could come up with. It lacked creativity and originality, even the abilities were straightforward and not hard to counter with the right circumstances.

"Sorry if this is repetitive but are you sure this is what you want?" he said looking back and forth between Malice and the virtual screen.

"Ughh! You've asked me this three times now, it's getting kind of old. Yes This Is what I want, with this sword ill definitely become the strongest!" she said smugly.

The dev sighed internally, then he began finalizing the weapon. While doing this he looked toward the flavor text, this is where a player's roleplaying lore would be. He was a fan of this addition in the game because it allowed the creator to make pieces of history, and with the right amount of items, a creator could quite literally create their own story, which would then be immortalized within YGGDRASIL.

'"A sword so powerful and pretty that even the gods envied its wielder.". Well, this isn't as bad as I thought it would be, though, it is a bit short but that's okay.' he thought.

[ Complete! ]

The completion notification appeared, indicating that the item had been created. He then reached into his admin inventory and pulled out the sword. He looked towards the fidgeting Malice as she reached her hands out wiggling her fingers.

"Here. It's finished." he said handing over the sword.

"Yes! It's just as I thought it would be!" she said while test swinging the sword.

"That's good to know."

Malice continued swinging in swift maneuvers however, after a couple more swings she stopped and stared at her sword, then turned around to look at the dev.

"Hey! Mr. Dev Guy, why isn't any of it's abilities working? Is my sword broken?!" She said with a voice on the verge of tears.

The Dev looked at Malice with an expression that said "How old are you, 10?", then he replied.

"You are not permitted to use any combat abilities while in this room. All combative abilities will be blocked."

"Oh! Then send me back to the open world. We should be done here after our item is finished right? If that the case let me go back so I can test out my weapon." she said eagerly, her sad baby voice from before had already vanished like it was never there from the beginning.

The Dev immediately snapped his fingers teleporting the girl away without any response. 'Jesus that girl is annoying.'.

He had already completed almost of everyone's item except two people. One was the player, Touch Me, he had been quietly focusing on his virtual screen this whole time without making a single sound. This slightly made the Dev excited to see what the Insectoid was creating. He was a man who appreciated good creative ideas, it was one of the reasons he pursued becoming a game developer for his career.