Progression

[Narrator POV]

Doyle lifted his arm which also lifted the cloth-like material that covered him. In front of his hand, a complex magic circle appeared as he cast [ Maximize Magic: Flamewing ]. A large red flame that looked like a bird charged towards the multiple ogre in the distance causing them to shriek in pain. Their bodies began to burn revealing their insides. Boiled blood flooded the floor causing the icey frozen ground to liquefy slightly.

*Thud*

The burned ogres' bodies fell lifelessly to the floor. Doyle didn't waste any time as he heard someone chanting a spell behind him. An ogre sorcerer was halfway done with its chant until Doyle lifted his other arm causing a small blue flame to appear in his hand. With a swift motion, he crushed the small blue fire in his hand casting [ Dispel Magic ]. The ogre's spell was snuffed out which caused it to panic and try to chant one of its faster spells however it was too late. Doyle with the same hand lifted, casts the spell [ Triplet Maximize Magic: Burn lance ] which spawned multiple lance-like spears in front of him. Doyle maneuvered his arms up and moved it to the left which separated the lances around and then he pointed his right hand toward the ogre sorcerer.

The lances pointed their sharp firey tips towards the ogre then with one simple command, "Go"  the lances all moved with great speed towards the ogre, each one stabbing it in a different place killing it easily.

Doyle has been in this world for about 2 years now, however, this time isn't correct for the real world. The game's world time is much quicker so it's only reasonable that for the players of the real world the time has been moving drastically slower than Doyle's. Over time YGGDRASIL has experienced a huge influx of players joining the game. Doyle chooses to avoid players since he doesn't want anyone dragging him down or annoying him with questions.

During these two years, Doyle has not been slacking off. He has gained plenty of levels and even created his own items. For example, he created his first divine item, a ring called { Ring of Secrets } which blocks other players from seeing his magic aura. Additionally, it blocks his information in the leaderboards. Another divine item that he has is the Item called [ Ring of Sufficiency ], this item gave him the boosted he needed for long battles. The ring made the mana for all spells when used havled when casted. So if a 8th tier spell coated 8 mana it would be cut in half making the cost of that spell 4 instead.

Doyle is the current number one, not to mention currently he is in a different league of his own. For example, the second player on the leaderboard is [ level: 40 ] while Doyle's level is already in the fifties.

It's pretty obvious as to how this happened. Doyle lives in the game, it wouldn't be a mistake to say that this game is his life. Whereas normal players have real lives that they have to deal with also. They have jobs, families, and responsibilities. However, Doyle's only responsibility is to get stronger. This is why he chooses to hide his standing in the leaderboards. His plans for the future would require him to do so. Don't get confused though, he will not be acting or pretending on weak or hiding his strength.

"These monsters are getting too easy now, it's time to go deeper within this world." Whispered Doyle.

He has been traveling at a steady pace deeper into Niflheim. Each time he noticed that the monsters were getting too easy for him he moved deeper into the world.

Doyle picked up the loot from the fallen monsters which consisted of gold coins and data crystals. After he looted the bodies, he checked his inventory.

"Hmm... Well, first I should head back to the safe zone to restock on supplies. It wouldn't make sense to explore the undiscovered without proper preparation." He said with a slightly irritated tone.