Unexpected rewards

[ Doyle's POV ]

[ High Infernal Tree-Demon Has been defeated! ]

[ Due to being the first player to clear the dungeon { Magma Garden }, the dungeon's treasure chest will now offer equipment with item levels up to 10-20% higher than usual! ]

*Ding*

[ Requirement met! Due to solo clearing the dungeon { Magma Garden }, An additional reward will be given along with the dungeon reward! ]

I watched as the boss's death animation ended slowly. Efficient and beneficial. That's all I can say about this dungeon run. From the very beginning I had already planned to get rid of the unfortunate players that ended up in my party, it was the reasoning behind me looking for a manipulable group. No one knew each other so there was no trust between anyone, this made deceiving them even easier. Pft- hahaha... man I see how Luci★Fer feels after a successful prank, Ahem- is he rubbing off on me?

Anyway, entering the dungeon I started to think about how I was going to deal with the others, multiple plans ran through my mind as we traversed. Along the way I seen that the guy, { CrimsonSword }, was using some kind of item that sensed the monsters in the dungeon so I tried to make it harder for him by taking it away. I used a illusion spell to make a monster appear and ambush him. His item only picked up on monsters so it wouldn't alert him about my illusion however he seemed like an experienced player so I decided to call him and take his attention off the path we were going. I made it much more believable by casting another illusion on him that made it seem like he lost HP.

It ended up working and I easily replaced his item with a decent sized rock. Of course it was cloaked in a illusion, however this still didn't get him killed. You see, I didn't want to kill any of them directly since it would definitely give me a penalty, which was pretty annoying. Luckily I got that chance when we reached that wooden bridge. I decided to get rid of the healer since she was the only one who could actually cast healing magic, the others would have to result in using Health potions to replenish HP. Honestly I didn't expect her death to go so well with the group, it was all thanks to that tank with the red hair. The ninja guy seem sorta suspicious of the situation but even he just brushed it off, probably because we were at the boss room already.

The rest was pretty obvious, I faked my death and let the boss do all the hard work. The last surviving two of the party actually surprised me with how close they came to beating the boss, but I couldn't let them complete that. I still ended up getting the player killing penalty in the end but the boss was already at 2% health which was literally one tap away from death so it was no biggie. In the end I leveled up three times from those three kills.( The two players and the boss)

It's most likely due to my title, plus the cash item I used when we first entered the dungeon, not to mention the 10% bonus we got for being the first to enter the dungeon. When they all stack it boost to about 110% boost in EXP gain. I guess the boost also applied when killing the players as well as the boss. The best part though, is that after I got rid of the rest of the party and beat the boss, the game counted this as me beating the dungeon solo. Honestly I hoped this would happen but in my mind chances were low since in most games as long as a player got a hit on the boss they were always counted as apart of damage taken by the boss even if they died, but I guess it doesn't work that way here?

Now with the boss finally gone a chest with lines of lava decorated on top of it appeared where the boss used to be. I walked up and opened the chest, inside were two items.

The first item I grabbed was a legendary item called { Magma's Attunement }. It was in a data crystal form obviously but it's abilities were that it highly increased Magic attacks of the fire element. Additionally it also had the ability to create and summon the branch attacks that the boss used during the fight. In my opinion this would probably be a good staff or wand of some sort. I'm not one to use wands though so I'll probably just use it's data crystal for materials for a better weapon.