Chapter 38

Hayden's POV

Do I want the pack back, do I want to deal with these people who probably knew what was going on with Max and then what happened to me for nearly a year? I'm not sure I can forgive them, do I really want to bring Jay into this, I know he said it was my decision but I need to think about him, he is so shy, his father really did a number on him, I know he wasn't physically abused but just mentally all because of the colour of his foxes coat. I mean his fox is stunning and a white fox should be celebrated like a white wolf but then again Max got abused probably because of the colour and markings of his coat we really are a horrible bunch of people.
I'm sitting in the room listening to everyone when I started thinking of McDonald's, like come on really, then it hit me a franchise I get the title and the pack but Alpha Kingsley gets the final say if anything went wrong or I wasn't sure. I couldn't believe it had never been done before, it seems like a good idea, all the money comes from one place, all the packs would work together have the same common goals. I happy that they are willing to go and think about it.
———————-
At this moment in time I am walking towards the cells to talk to some of the prisoners.
First person we speak to is Gamma Jon, he is tied to a chair with silver chains, I walk in first followed by Alpha Jack then Alec
"Hello Jon, I wouldn't say it's nice to see you again"
Alpha Jack started talking "we would like to ask you some questions" Jon just shrugged his shoulders "did you know what was going on in the basement? Did you know who was down there?" He just looked at the floor "You will answer the councilman's questions?" He Barked out with a hint of this alpha tone coming through
"Everyone knew someone was in the basement but no one mentioned it, the people who did  quickly shut up, I'm guessing they got threatened by Alpha Marcus and Beta Clarke. They both went crazy when that person escaped, I'm glad they did hope they survived"
"So you didn't know who it was in there for 4 years?" Alec asked Jon's head shot up "4 years, Jesus, no no idea, I kept away from the basement, did not want to get involved"
"Did you know what was happening to me?" "Ummmm" I could see the hesitation "I worked it out about 2 weeks before the break out, I always thought you broke out with the person in the basement, did you?"
"No I didn't, my sister just happened to come home the same night and find me, if you knew 2 weeks before why didn't you do anything?" "They were watching me like a hawk, I wasn't allowed to do anything without one of them being beside me, I had spoken to my mate about running but we had 2 young kids so we needed to stay put until they got bored of me but even over a year later they were still paranoid."
Alpha Jack jumped in "you really want us to believe you are innocent in all of this?" "I'm innocent of any crime apart from being a coward, everyone knew something was going on but were to scared to do anything, I mean we couldn't go against an Alpha and Beta when both of them were acting crazy, and I also think that Keith was involved" Alpha Jack nodded
"Alec do you have any more questions?" He shook his head, we all turned to leave "Hayden I am so sorry about what happened to you, do you know if the person in the basement got out?" I wasn't sure if I should tell him or not but I think Max would be ok with it "Yeah he got out, he was the one who killed Alpha Marcus........ it was Max, Clarke's son"
I heard him whisper "what the fuck" as we closed the door.
We spent the next hour talking to all the prisoners, they all knew someone was in the basement but said the same as Jon they were to scared to do anything, I didn't tell anyone else it was Max in the basement,the hardest one was talking to Max's mum, she still believes everything her mate said to her, she is gonna get a shock if she meets Max.
Last one left is Beta Clarke "guys I think Max should be here for this, also think we should tell him his mum is in the cells" "ok come on, let's go and find him" Alec said. We found him talking with Jay and Alpha Kingsley. "Hey Jay do you mind giving us a minute?" I said kissing his forehead, he got up "no not a problem, speak to you guys later" "I've also got things to do, you know the way Hayden" Alpha Jack said leaving the room, leaving the 3 of us.
"So Max, your mums in the cells, I haven't said anything to her, I didn't know if you wanted to speak to her, also you two sisters are at the old pack house"
"Oh......Umm.....I would like to speak to my sisters first, can I think about talking to my mum" I nodded "is that it?" "Well we didn't know if you wanted to speak to your father?" He froze at that, he stood up "No, he is dead to me, but I would like him to answer one question, why did he do that to his own son" he quickly left the room with Kingsley following "Give me an hour and I will go with you"