Chapter 6

Max

I wake up and I am confused the bed is soft and comfortable, wait I don't have a bed, I slowly open my eyes and look around the room, this is definitely not my room, I look down at myself and see I'm in pj's. It takes me a minute to get my bearings, that's when I panic where's my baby, my head nearly spins off my body as I scan the room, my eyes fall upon a baby basket, I slowly move out the side of the bed, my legs are wobbly and I have to use the bed to stand up, I make my way to the basket and pick up my pup, I'm crying tears of joy, he is gorgeous, my beautiful pup, that's when I hear the door creak open, shit, I run to the corner of the room covering Princeton with my body as much as possible whilst looking at the door, and once the door is finally open a Greek god is standing there but he is massive, he is going to kill us, my mind is going a hundred miles an hour, I must protect my baby at all costs. He walks into the room with his head down and puts something on the chair
"Sorry to leave you, I really needed a shower and some food" he looked at the bed then I guess noticed I wasn't there, he had panic on his face, I tried to bury us into the corner as he looked around and saw me, he started to walk towards me, I started to whimper, it can't happen again, this was my chance at freedom.
"I've stopped, I've stopped, I'm not going to harm you, I promise, I've been looking after Princeton for you" I turn my head to look at him and try to whip the tears away
He was massive, tall and muscles for days, he looked like he could snap me in half easily. My brain is saying don't trust him. He sat down on the floor where he stopped walking.
"My name is Alpha Kingsley" I take a sharp in take of breath, oh not again another Alpha, I think he noticed he looks hurt.
"I promise I'm not going to hurt you" I roll my eyes
"Ok ok, I'm guessing you have been hurt by someone and don't trust people, that's fine, we can, you can take your time" my heart has been racing the whole time, I'm looking for ways out this room, I can see the window is bolted so the only way is the door and I'm guessing that is either bolted or has guards outside. He watches me as I scan the room.
"What's your name darling?" I scrunch my nose up, I always hated when people said that, he laughed "you don't like that pet name ok, I will think of another one, but can you tell me your name?" I shake my head No. just then Princeton starts crying, Kingsley jumps up frightening me and I move back into the corner hugging Princeton
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, it's just the pups hungry, I'm just gonna get some milk for him, I will be back in a couple of minutes" he backed out the room and I heard him talking to someone, he left the door ajar. I moved to the bed and grabbed the blanket but went back to the corner, I felt safe in the corner, I was bouncing Princeton.
The door opened and my eyes were on him watching as he got closer he went to hand me the bottle but noticed I wasn't going to take it so he placed it on the floor in front of me and backed up and sat back on the floor. Once I was happy he wasn't going to move I picked the bottle up and started to feed Princeton, I was constantly switching between watching Princeton and watching the Alpha. What confused me was he was happily smiling at me, watching me as if I was the best thing in the world, I've never seen that look before, I've only ever seen hate and disgust.
Prince drank all his milk, I rolled the bottle along the floor to Kingsley, he smiled and picked it up then stood up, I flinched as his shadow came across me.
"I will just grab some formula for you to keep in here, are you hungry?" My stomach growled as he said that, I rolled my eyes as he laughed "yes you are, ok be right back" I slowly moved from out the corner but only by a little bit so I could grab a soft toy that was on the floor, I wonder how long I was out for, Prince looks big but then I don't know who the father is, I shudder at the thought, tears start falling down my face quicker than I can wipe them. I'm broken out my thoughts by 2 figures I look up to see Kingsley and a women "oh my boy, your finally awake, I'm so glad you gave us all quite a scare" I tilt my head in confusion "oh apologies my name is Dr Hunts, I have been looking after you" I nod my head, I see Kingsley has food and water, he starts walking towards as I back up, he stops and slides the plate and cup over to me and then sits down.
I feel like a freak show they are just watching me eat, I try not to look at them and just watch my pup destroy a soft toy.  Dr Hunts breaks the silence "Can you talk?, I was unsure with the amount of damage done to your neck, when was the last time you spoke?" I looked up at her, and shrugged my shoulders "could you try?" She is giving off a relaxing vibe but still don't trust her, I shook my head "ok no problem, but can you please try in your own time, maybe when no one is here" she looks at Kingsley then me.
I feel like this is too good to be true, that at some moment it's all going to be ripped away and they are going to be like them, I was lost in my thoughts, for I don't know how long, when I came out of my trance they had both left. I slowly got up and went back to the bed and saw some pain killers and some water on the side with a note saying, dinner is at 7pm. I put Prince in his play pen and fell asleep.