Chapter 8

Max

The bathroom was massive, when was the last time I had a shower or a bath for that matter, I turned the shower on letting it heat up, I pulled off the T-shirt and sweatpants I was wearing, I had my eyes closed when I slowly opened them I looked at my body the scars that never healed scattered across my whole body, I'm broken who would want me now?, tho it looks like some of them have faded that's strange, how did that happen. I stepped under the warm water and a moan left my mouth, this is heaven, I don't know how long I was in there for but I have never felt this clean, ever. The whole time I was in the shower I cried, I cried for all the hurt, the loneliness, the betrayal, the lost friendship, the lost love and for the utter despair I feel but they will not break me, I got out of there alive and I will live again, one small step at a time.
I dried myself off and slowly opened the door into my room, I noticed the clothes on the bed, they looked massive, also saw a note, saying that he had taken Princeton for the night to let me sleep. I'm not sure how I feel about that, that is my son but somewhere in my heart it is telling me it's ok, well he has looked after him for the last month. I get dressed in the clothes rolling up the trousers.
I walked back into the bathroom and found some scissors and a razor, I haven't had a hair cut in years, I grabbed chunks and started cutting, it was down to my shoulders, half an hour later my hair was shaved at the sides and longish on top and my beard was gone, I looked like a child, I smiled at my self in the mirror. I can do this, I can't let them win. I got into bed and passed out but was plagued with nightmares most of the night.
The next morning Kingsley came in with Princeton and a pancake breakfast which I ate whilst moaning, I looked up to see Kingsley staring at me so I looked back down rather embarrassed, now I have had some time to think I have so many questions, I saw he had his laptop so I pointed at it and he handed it to me, I walked over to the little table that was in my room and sat in one of the chairs, I could see he wanted to sit next to me but was waiting for me, is it strange I feel safe around him. I pointed at him then the chair next to me, his eyes went wide and a beautiful smile appeared, once he was sitting in the chair he made sure that we had some space between us which I was great full for.
"Max" I said quietly whilst looking at my hands, I looked up at him, his eyes were wide
"My name is Max" i whispered his smile got bigger "Nice to meet you Max, I really want to hug you right now, but I know I can't, but thank you for talking to me" I smiled at him
"So why did you want the laptop?" "Questions" I whispered. He nodded, I started to write as I didn't want to talk to much
1) Where am I?
"That easy you are in my pack house the Dark Moon" I nodded
That's where I was heading so that's good.
2)How long have I/we been here?, "a month"
3) what's the date? He looked confused by that "it's 25 January 2022" fuck me, my mouth hung open, I started to mumble "is everything ok Max?" I started to cry "4 years, 4 fucking years" I whispered in between my crying.
"4 years what baby?" He went to touch my shoulder then thought better of it
"I was (hiccup) in that basement (hiccup) for 4 years" I buried my head in his chest and cried my heart out, he put his hands round me and I could feel tingles and warmth flow from him, it definitely made me feel safe. I vaguely remember being picked up and put back in bed.

Kingsley
Wow, he looks gorgeous with his short blonde hair, his hazel coloured eyes look like they have more life in them. We loved the fact that he was wearing our clothes and that my scent was all over him letting people know he was mine.
Duke was in my head the whole time my mate was eating "he is so cute, oh god those moans mark him, take him now Kingsley make him ours" I blocked him out, he knows we have to go slow, very slow, we don't even know his name.
I wasn't sure what to do with myself, I wanted to act like a school girl and crush him in a hug , I was broken out my thoughts when he asked me to sit next to him, how close is to close?
Max his name is Max! What a lovely name for a beautiful boy. His voice was a whisper, I wonder when he last used it properly.  So he was heading to us, I'm so glad Leighton found him and not some rogues. Duke was growling in my head when Max said he was in the basement for 4 years, we want to kill everyone that had any involvement with it, Duke was trying to come out, it was taking all my control, I went to put my hand on his shoulder but stopped, he then buried his head in my chest, I could feel all the tingles and warmth shooting between us, I was so happy that he was starting to trust us, he finally gave up fighting and fell asleep in my arms, I didn't want to leave him but I needed to speak to Leighton and I knew Prince would need feeding again. So going against Duke I put Max on the bed, kissing his forehead and picking Prince up and walking through the pack house looking for Leighton. Everyone was looking at me with a pup in my arms, I put up my walls and let my Alpha aura show. I finally found Leighton training the warriors, I could see he was confused when he did a double take then walked over to me breaking the conversation he was having with Brent, Brent looked up and then focused on the pup in my hands.
"What's going on Kingsley? You finally letting him out?" I looked at him then at the training field, the warriors were all watching us, I don't like talking outside the office.
"Yeah, going to drop him at the nursery, we need to talk follow me" I turned around and walked to the nursery, it's run by the Omegas, Omegas are not slaves we pay them, they go to college to get their qualifications. They were all swarming round Princeton.
"He is so cute, Alpha, what is his name?" One of the Omegas stuttered, they are always afraid of me, I sigh "His name is Princeton, you need to take care of him, he is very important to me, very" they all nodded looking down at their feet, even tho I have told them not to do that, they still do.
We are now in my office, Leighton waiting on me to start talking.
"His name is Max and whoever had him kept him in a basement for 4 years" my eyes had changed colour to Dukes Blue ones. Leighton didn't even flinch just carried on the conversation "Did he say who?" "No, he cried himself to sleep, was going to try again later" Leighton nodded "ok, just let me know if you need me to do anything, oh Alpha Nic phoned again letting us know his offer is still available" this made Duke growl loudly "what part of no I'm not interested in your daughter doesn't he get" Duke spat out, Leighton Snorted "I did decline the offer for you again, maybe once Max is marked by you everyone should back off".

Myself and Duke had a talk whilst Max was sleeping, we are going to tell him we are his mate because obviously something is wrong, he doesn't feel the connection. So here I am pacing outside his room mumbling to myself when the door swings open and my beautiful mate is standing there in tight fitted blue jeans and a baby blue shirt that is a bit to big for him. "cute" screams Duke, Max walks up to me and closes my mouth "you will catch flies" he whispered then looked at his hand as the tingles went through us "huh" he said so he can feel them, is he just ignoring the pull?
"Can I help you? You have been pacing in front of my door? And where is Princeton?" "Oh Princeton is in the nursery with the Omegas and I was...wondering...ummm....if you fancied a walk, I can......Umm show you around the pack?" He walked back a bit into his room "ummmm, will there be lots of people?, like is your pack filled with higher ranked wolves?" He said whilst shaking slightly making me and Duke upset and sad for him
"It's fine, we will go the back way and we can just walk in the fields just us" he relaxed and let out a breath "OK" I smiled.  We walked through the pack house, which I had cleared out a couple of minutes earlier then we walked to my favourite place, it's hidden away, I found it just after I got here and I claimed it as my haven.
"Wow, it's so peaceful" Max said spinning round, it's not massive just a small area in between a load of weeping willow trees that is home to hundreds and hundreds of flowers. I placed a bench here years ago and we walked over to it and sat there for a good 10 minutes in silence, we were both lost in thought,
"I have something to say Max" this brought him out of his trance, his beautiful hazel eyes fixed on my face, I took a deep breath
"I'm your mate Max, your mine" I could tell it took a minute to register what I said then his face fell "Oh....ummm oh ok, just give me time to get Princeton and we will be out your territory" tears were falling from his face as he went to get up, I grabbed his hand "No, no, that's not what I meant" he tilted his head, I don't understand can't he smell me? "Your not rejecting me?" He said in between sniffles, I shook my head "God no" "But but, I don't understand? I'm not pure, I have a bloody pup that isn't yours" Duke came forward my eyes changing to his Blue ones "He is ours, only ours" Duke growled out, Max's eyes went wide then he whimpered and backed away, I took control "Sorry Duke got angry, we love Princeton, this last month, has been amazing, minus the bit of you being in a coma" he was looking at the ground "sit back down and let me explain" I sat back down and he followed.
"I'm not rejecting you, I just don't understand how you can't have noticed I'm your mate Max" he wiped his face but carried on looking down