Chapter 5

Max

I hope I made it through the rogue territory however even if I didn't I can feel a presence around me, I can't see anything, I should be afraid but I feel calm, I know my pup is safe in this place and that I can now concentrate on myself and try to heal.
————-
I feel like I have been in this place, this place of darkness for a long time, I hear mumbles every so often and the touch of someone or something on my chest and hand but I'm not 100% sure.  At some point I had a boost of energy come through me and I could feel myself healing faster, I felt something stir within me could it be, I mean I haven't spoken to her in 3 years, I always hoped she hadn't left me.
In my next thought I am standing in front of a waterfall
"Hello, Hello anyone there?" I shout whilst turning round in a circle, I dip my hand in the lake, it's cool, it's so clear you can see the fish swimming past. I'm kneeling down when I feel a hand on my shoulder and I stand up and gasp "Moon Goddess" she smiles at me "does that mean I died?" She looks at me in the eye whilst touching my hair "you are between worlds, they were meant to treasure you, you were a gift from me to them and they did not see the beauty or goodness in you, I gave you a gift, a gift for you to use, it is not your time to go, your pup is waiting, your mate is waiting"
"But..."
"Go back, we will met again" then she vanished and the waterfall started to fade away and I was left to the darkness again. What is my gift? Having a pup? I felt something touch my arm and next thing I know I'm in some sort of dream, a guy was sitting in a meadow but I couldn't make out his features he was all blurry he was playing with a pup, I felt a connection to the pup, he was calling to me, I watched them for awhile with a smile on my face, they looked happy, a little family, the pup is mine! Is this a dream or the future, do I not make it in the end but Moon Goddess said it wasn't my time, I'm so confused, I never got to do anything, to live, I never got to tell anyone his name. Well if I don't make it, I stepped forward to speak to the stranger
"Thank you for looking after my Angel, please carry on taking care of him, you have been doing so well, his name is Princeton, I hope to meet you soon" again everything faded around me and darkness became my friend again.
———————-
I feel I'm getting stronger, I don't ache as much, my body, actually I don't feel my body at all, I should probably be worried, why am I not?, I have been feeling something in my head,slight movements, I'm hoping it's my wolf, I really really really hope it's her gaining her strength and we can be reunited once more.

Kingsley
It's been 4 weeks to the day my mate was brought into the clinic, he is completely healed from his bruises and broken bones, the doctor said it's now his mind that needs to mend and that's why he is still in the coma, his son is getting bigger each day, it's a shame he is missing these important days it upsets Duke then just makes him angry that someone put our mate in this position. I have been taking lots of photos so I can show them to him when he wakes up, I have also been putting Princeton on the bed so he can feel his daddy.
I have definitely been neglecting my Alpha duties to the point Leighton is doing most of the work, he is much more friendly and people seem to like talking to him I'm more the silent but deadly kinda guy, people just don't like me, I'm unapproachable, I'm told a lot, I know, I never use to be like this but trust is easy to break and very hard to repair so it's easier not to trust at all then you won't be disappointed.
I moved my mate into the room next to me with a cot for Princeton in the room but i have a room ready for him when he gets a bit older, he is currently playing on the floor with a Teddy he is trying to destroy, he will stay as a pup until he is around 1 and then will shift into his human form. Being in the room next to me helps Duke but to be honest I hardly leave this room unless it's to sleep or shower. I'm typing away on my laptop to some Alpha that is complaining about Rogues when I catch movement from the bed, I look up and see a hand gripping the bed covers, then his head is moving from side to side, I run up to him, he looks like he is having a nightmare. Tears are falling down his face, I go to touch his hand but stop,
"Don't be stupid, calm him down" Duke shouts at me, I grab his hand and the tears slowly stop and his body stops trashing around. I pull the chair closer to his bed and keep holding his hand at some point I fall asleep.  I'm gently shaken awake by someone "sorry Alpha to disturb you but I'm just checking up on your mate" I yawn and move out the way of Dr Hunts.
"Have you noticed any change in him?" The doctor said whilst checking his pulse "actually last night he was moving his hand and was trashing around as if he was having a nightmare, I held his hand and he calmed down" the doctor looked at me then carried on what she was doing "that's good it means his body internally is healing and his mind is starting to regain consciousness, hopefully it won't be long until he wakes up" Duke was bouncing up and down in my head, like a puppy, I rolled my eyes at him but was smiling with him. Dr Hunts left shortly after and I popped out the room to have a shower and get some food.

———————-
It's midnight and I'm done for the night.