Chapter 10

Kingsley

"I guess I'm telling you my story and my past, let's clean up first" so we did in comfortable silence then we walked to the lounge Max was in front and my hand was on his back guiding him, myself and Duke did a little dance when he didn't flinch when we touched him, small steps small steps.
We sat on the sofa facing each other "So my name is Kingsley Morgan, Morgan was actually my middle name but I changed it to my last name when I left my pack, I didn't want to have the same last name as my family.

So I was in the training ground with my best friend Luke, doing what I do best beating his ass, when I got a shooting pain in my heart that make me scream out in pain and collapse on the floor once the pain faded Luke helped me up and back into the house, I walked into my father's office to see if he could work out why this happened when I saw my brother, my twin brother in with my dad and another guy
"Congratulations son, I can't wait for you to take over the pack"
""What is this?" They all turned to me as I leaned against the door fame still a bit out of sorts "your brother found his mate and they are now mated" "That's not right" I said turning to look at my brother and he was smirking at me "you broke our fucking bond, that's the pain I felt you mated with someone that wasn't our mate" I screamed at him , the guy that was standing with him then turned to Preston "you had a twin brother you didn't tell me that wasn't part of the deal" "Stop talking" he growled out making the guy whimpering, I shook my head "you done all of this because what, you wanted the pack to yourself or what didn't want our mate, didn't want to share our mate" I was up in his face "I'm better than you Kingsley always have been always will be and now the pack is mine as I am the one with a mate not you!" I shook my head and turned around and walked out, Luke was standing there "Good luck with them" I said as I walk pass him and into my room. I don't know what happened at some point Preston turned on me and everything became a competition he always wanted to win, we knew from a young age it was 99% sure that we would be mated as a 3 because it's what usually happens with twins, I have always been fine with it, but I guess Preston wasn't, as I got older he became more distant and my father started to do things just with Preston and leaving me out of the loop, my Alpha training suffered because my father was always too busy with Preston. All I ever wanted was a family to love and who loved me but instead they betrayed me" I looked up at Max who was watching me with tears down his face, he came closer and wiped the tears off my face that I didn't know had fallen.

"You don't have to continue if it's too much" he said softly holding my face looking into my eyes, I could feel all his emotions pouring from him. "It's ok, you need to know my past, so that night I locked my door ignored everyone that banged on my door and via the link, packed my bags and once everyone was asleep walked out the pack house one last time, leaving a note, saying good luck I hope it was worth it, got in my car and drove, I think I drove for about a week, stopping when I needed to sleep, I had hundreds of texts and messages but deleted everything. I finally stopped for a couple of weeks at a little town, I knew I wanted to run a pack but I wanted to do it my way, so I got in contact with the council and they gave me some options, this place was the furthest from my family so I took a loan out and made this pack. Whilst I stopped at the random town I met Leighton and he helped me with all the paperwork and he became my travel companion, once I got here, I asked him if he would like to stay and help me set the pack up and he said yes and that's how he became my Beta, questions?"

He played with his sleeve for a few minutes then looked up at me and nodded "how old were you when you left and how old are you now?" "I was 19 and I'm 25 now, I got the pack just after I turned 20, how old are you?"
"I'm 20" my eyes went wide "that means" "yeah I was 16" he had a sad smile on his face.
"So that means I would have been mates with both of you? Twins?" "Well I think so, I don't know if the goddess would change our mates, I guess we wouldn't know but I think that yes it would have been both of us you were mated to" he hummed "it's strange I don't feel like I'm missing anything when I think of mates or you" I smiled and did a happy dance in my head "I feel the same as you".
"So how did people find you?" "I'm not really sure, there were rogues in the area because it had never had a pack before, so when I started construction, I went out with Leighton and started finding the rogues that weren't to far gone, that we could bring back from the wild and then more started to turn up, we had a whole pack of bears turn up on my door step about 6 months in wanting safety as they were getting hunted by the humans and now they are thriving here, we will take in everyone as long as you are no threat to us or anyone in my pack. I have one condition everyone that joins must learn to fight, they must be able to defend themselves and the pack, we will always  defend a pack member, I am strict and everyone knows it, I scare a lot of people but I learnt the hard way you don't trust anyone, so I keep people at arms length even Leighton sometimes but you and Princeton just broke that straight away."
"Thank you for telling me about your past, I'm not ready to talk about mine...yet but I will one day.........can I hug you?" He whispered I didn't respond I just opened my arms and he crawled in and snuggled into my chest, Duke was purring in my head "when do you think I will be able to talk to my wolf again?" "What do you mean?" "Well about a year into the hell my wolf stopped talking to me and I couldn't shift because I was too weak then the night I escaped I managed to shift but I haven't had a word out of her?" " I wish you told me earlier we could have spoken to the Dr, it doesn't sound right, your wolf is part of you, we will go tomorrow morning ok?" He nodded against my chest and that's how we fell asleep.