Chapter 7

Kingsley
I feel so much better after having a shower and some food a bit more alive, I go back into the room and realise he isn't in the bed where the hell is he, I'm in panic mode I'm about to mindlink Leighton when I see a figure curled up in the corner shaking, he looks petrified of me, I slowly start walking towards, I'm 7 foot there's no way I can make myself look small. He starts to whimper
"Stop walking you idiot" Duke growls at me " he is scared, can't you hear his heartbeat" I stop and sit Down"I've stopped, I've stopped, I'm not going to harm you, I promise, I've been looking after Princeton for you" he looks at me as if he is trying to rip me apart whilst wiping his tears away.  "My name is Alpha Kingsley" he inhales like it's a bad thing, Duke whimpers in my head, so does that mean an Alpha hurt him?  "I promise I'm not going to hurt you, Ok ok, I'm guessing you have been hurt by someone and don't trust people, that's fine, we can, you can take you time"
I can see he is scanning the room probably for a way out and to see if there is anything that I can hurt him with or he can hurt me with. I have spent a month watching my mate, with no name, I need his name, "What's your name darling?" Aww how cute he scrunched up his nose. "you don't like that pet name ok, I will think of another one, but can you tell me your name?" The pup in his arms starts to cry so I jump up and scare him making him move back into the corner, stupid Kingsley.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, it's just the pups hungry, I'm just gonna get some milk for him, I will be back in a couple of minutes" I backed out the room. I had someone guarding the door I asked them to go and get the Doctor whilst I get the milk. Hasn't he noticed my scent, how can he not notice I'm his mate, Duke wines in my head, "he is probably confused and he is in protect mode and it's the last thing he is thinking about, once he calms down it will be fine, I promise" I said to a pacing Duke
I get back in the room and he is watching me like a wolf hehe. I slow my movements down, I go to hand him the bottle but notice right away that was not what he wants so I place it in front of him and sit back down on the floor just watching him feed his pup. It's making me and Duke feel all warm and happy. I could tell he was on edge as he was continually watching me thinking I was going to make a sudden movement, my poor mate, I will never hurt you, we are just going to destroy the people that caused you pain. I will not stop until they get their punishment.
I pick up the finished milk bottle and watch him flinching at my size, my movement, no it was my shadow "I'm going to kill them!" Duke growls out in my head, he really wants to take control, I need to get out the room just for a couple of minutes just to calm Duke down. "I will just grab some formula for you to keep in here, are you hungry?" His stomach growled I walked out the room and into the kitchen, Duke kept flashing images of my mates broken body "yes I know!" I growled out " But we can't get angry at him, we need him to trust us to find out what happened, please calm down Duke".
"Is everything ok Alpha I was asked to find you?" I turned to see Dr Hunts "Yes, yes my mate has woken up" "that's great, has he said anything?" I shook my head "he is hiding in a corner, I think he is scared of me, I'm trying to be well not me but I know I'm 7 foot, I can't make myself any less intimidating" she laughs "he will come around, right let's go and meet him"
We walk in the room and he has an ocean of tears falling down his face "comfort him" Duke snaps. "oh my boy, your finally awake, I'm so glad you gave us all quite a scare" the Dr said to my mate "oh apologies my name is Dr Hunts, I have been looking after you" I put his food and water down along with the formula on the side table.  It feels a bit odd watching him but you can tell he is hungry, the food wasn't anything fancy. He is watching his pup play with a soft toy, I wonder what he will look like will he have the same dark green eyes or the beautiful blonde hair, Dr Hunt breaks the silence "Can you talk?, I was unsure with the amount of damage done to your neck, when was the last time you spoke?" I don't remember her mentioning that before, I will have to ask her, you could tell he didn't want to talk, I really, no we really want to hear his voice.
After a while he looks lost in his thoughts, so we decide to leave I write a quick note to say dinner is at 7 then leave him and his pup.

I turn to the Dr as we walk down the corridor "why didn't you mention the damage to his throat before?" I basically growled out, She flinched "I didn't mean that to come out like that, I'm struggling to control Duke" "that's quite alright Alpha, as I said to him, I'm not 100% it has damaged his vocal cords, it's just a guess" "also Dr, he acted like he didn't know I was his mate, shouldn't he be able to smell me?" " Yes but he could be under 18,or it could be that he is not thinking about mates but what's happening right now, he is in a strange place with strange people, and probably doesn't trust us, also it could be the medicine he has been on, tho I don't know if it would have this side effect" "Ok thanks you Doctor".
I go back to my office and finish up some paperwork and then let Leighton know that my mate has woken up and explained what happened in the room, I really didn't want to have dinner with the pack tonight, I wanted to sit with my mate, I walked in the hall, it was BBQ night, I queued up, yes I know I'm the big scary Alpha but it still doesn't mean I can queue jump, I fill my plate up and then my mates, people give me side wards glances. "Hungry tonight Alpha?" I turn to look at her with disinterest as she pouts her lips and try's to look sexy , she also try's to touch my arm, Duke is not happy, I growl at her and she stops her action, Duke comes forward "I am your Alpha, I do not have to tell you anything, do not touch me!" I stare at everyone as I walk off. I walk to his room and open the door, he is still asleep but having a nightmare, I put the plates down and run over to my mate
"No, please no, Pleasssseeeee, help me Hayden" he screams

Max
Flash back/nightmare
I'm in the basement,it's dark I can't see anything, I can hear movement and people laughing, I move my head to follow the sound, I have a blind fold over my eyes and my hands are tied behind my back.
Someone grabs my hair and pulls me away from the wall. Dragging me across the floor laughing when I whimper, there's to many sounds to work out how many people are in the room, to many smells, I think there's 3 or 4 people in here. They start kicking me and punching me.
"I don't understand, whhhattt....did...I do?" They just start laughing "you were born", they continued beating me up taking turns "No, please, no, Pleasssseeee, help me Hayden" I screamed that just made them laugh more, at some point I blackout
End of flash back

I woke up panting with tears down my face, I could feel tingles on my hand, I was dizzy and took me a few minutes to get my bearings, I turned to see Kingsley holding my hand with a concern look on his face, he goes to wipe my tears with his thumb but I flinch back
"Sorry Baby, I didn't mean to scare you, I came in to see you having a nightmare" his voice was calm considering he was built like a brick house. "I got you some food, BBQ night" he handed me a plate. I watched him, waiting for him to jump at me but he didn't he just started eating and talking
"I hope you don't mind me eating with you, I'm not much of a people person and BBQ night is always busy" I just shrugged my shoulders and started eating. We finished eating in silence, when it finally clicked the room was grey, not just painted grey, I mean everything in the room was grey, I couldn't see any colours, I couldn't stop the tears and started to hyperventilate, Kingsley jumped up and grabbed my hands, I flinched back but he kept a firm hold on my hands, I turned to look at him, I'm so confused his eyes, they are swirls of green, what is happening to me, I continue to stare at him and then other parts of the room then back at his eyes.
"Are you ok? Is something wrong?" I carried on looking around then back at him wiping my tears, he was still holding my hand, it felt nice I guess safe maybe. I nodded my head
"Do you want to talk about it?" No, yes, I don't know, I just threw my hands up in the air. I then touched my hair and pulled a face, which made Kingsley laugh, it was a free laugh, I haven't heard that in a long time. "I think you want a shower, bathroom is in the corner, I will go and get you some clothes and leave them on the bed for you" with that he left the room.