Chapter 11

Kingsley

It's been 10 days since he woke up, the pack know we have 2 new members but Max is nervous around people due to his past, he has started to come out his shell a little bit he even drops and picks Princeton up from nursery, the Omegas love him, myself and Duke are a little bit jealous and I have to keep us under control but he has never touched any one and they haven't touched him, we are just over reacting but that's what Alpha's do we get possessive of what is ours. 
The Dr couldn't work out why Max's wolf only came out once to shift and why she won't communicate with Max, Dr Hunt just said to give it time and that his wolf was probably healing.
Max has slowly started touching us without him realising and if I touch him he doesn't flinch but loud noise frighten him and people's shadows, Leighton has also met Max, I was so stressed that day, I had warned Leighton to talk quietly and to not make sudden movements, Max watched him like a hawk for a good half an hour and then something clicked in his mind and everything was fine and we were all laughing together at some program on TV.
We are now curled up on the sofa, I have his head in my lap and I'm running my fingers though his hair. "Baby, I need to talk to you?" "Mmmm" "can you get off my lap?" He moved and was now facing me "I Umm we need to present you to the pack as my mate and Luna" "Oh" I intertwined our fingers "I know your scared but they know something is going on and I can't keep them in the dark much longer" he was nodding but tears were falling down his face, I wiped them with my thumb "I'm so sick of being scared of everything, I want to be a good Luna and mate to you but I'm so scared that everyone is like my pack, and and.......I don't know how to just be me any more"
"You will be and are a brilliant mate and you will be an amazing Luna, you have the omega's eating out of your hands already, yes some of our pack are intimidating but you have nothing to worry about, myself or Leighton will always be with you if your worried about being alone, maybe you could start off with small things like taking Princeton out for a walk around the pack lands and maybe we could go out on a date" he nodded "yeah that all sounds good" Duke then got in my head "ask him to move into your room, please please,please, I need to be with him" I rolled my eyes "Max, would you like to move into my room with me?" He was looking everywhere but my face then he looked me in the eyes "Yeah I can do that, it could help with Duchess" "who is Duchess?" "My wolf, I have felt her in my head all this last week but she hasn't responded" I started laughing which confused Max "my wolf is Duke, yours is Duchess, I'm called King and our son is called Prince" this statement made Max smile a beautiful honest smile "oh yeah, I love it, my own royal family" then he hugged me "come on then let's go and move all the stuff you purchased for me into your room, better make space in your closet for my stuff" he pulled me up from he sofa, he was definitely getting stronger, he had been spending time in the gym, he said he wasn't ready to go to warrior training yet, I understood, one step at a time but we are definitely getting there, I got to thinking of where I could take Max on his date.
——————-
"Stop, stop, please, please, make it stop" Max was screaming next to me, trashing in his sleep. Tears were pouring down his face,
"Baby, baby it's ok, your safe" I repeated over and over again whilst rubbing my hands over his arms and across his cheeks, wiping his tears away, he slowly calmed down and curled into me sobbing "I can't stop it replaying in my head every night, I need it to stop" I kissed the top of his head "I wish I could take all the nightmares away but I can't but I will be here next to you always" at some point his breath evened out and he fell back to sleep.
"We need to find out what pack he is from and what they done to him and we will make them pay!" duke growled in my head "yes, no one gets to hurt our mate and live" I answered back.
He next morning Max had gone back to being mute and not letting me touch him, I don't know what to do or how to make him feel better, I thought we were getting somewhere and now it's back to square one.
I was sitting in my office trying to sort out the finances and order some stock but it bores me when Max walked in wearing my hoodie, it made me smile that even tho I got him his own clothes he likes wearing mine, he came and stood next to me "I'm sorry" he whispered I looked at him "there's no need to be sorry, your gonna have your good and bad days" he was playing with his fingers "I knew you were gonna make me talk about my nightmare and if I do it's gonna open a whole can of worms and I need to be ready and I'm not there yet" "it's ok babe, I will wait as long as you need" he nodded and smiled "what you doing" "I need to order stuff for the pack house and go through last month's receipts and make sure the books are balanced, but I hate this part of being an Alpha" I said stretching in my chair, he was watching the computer screen "I can do it, I use to in my.......old pack" "ok sure, it would help me a lot" I went and got my laptop and sat on the sofa in my office whilst Max worked at my desk. We were about an hour into working when Max started talking "so you make money from the food you grow on your land?" "Yeah we sell it to local restaurants and we sell it at the markets, we also have a construction company in the next town over, also everyone that works puts a small amount into the pack account which is used on maintenance of the pack house and the other houses dotted around the town" he nodded his head "how comes you know how to do all of this, considering well your age?" I said slowly, he rolled the chair away from the desk and over to me.
"I was one of 5 children, my mum and dad had 4 girls before they finally got a boy, me, that's all dad ever wanted was a boy to take over his position it didn't matter that one of my sisters could do it, he was very old fashioned in that sense.
The Alpha and Luna had a girl first then a boy Hayden, the Alpha was the same as my dad very old fashioned and decided that Cara wouldn't be Luna of his pack and that Hayden and his mate would run the pack anyways Hayden was born then 18 months later I was born as my father was the Beta I would now follow in his foot steps, I was trained as if I was the same age as Hayden I was expected to act older than I was, failure was not an option, when I wasn't training with my father I was at school or doing extra lessons to the point I jumped 2 school years so I actually graduated at 16 when everyone else was 18, I understood numbers and the Alpha didn't so I started doing the packs books."
"Wow my mate is so smart"