Greggy fell silent, he doesn't have something to say, he's speechless.

"Ano tatayo ka nalang jan? Who was that? What's her profession, saan kayo nagkakilala?"

She bombarded him calmly, Greggy is testing her patience by not answering her questions. She stood up and went infront of him as she stared at him darkly, naiiyak na siya sa galit.

"S-she's Antonette, she's working in the company and she's also a lawyer."

Greggy stuttering and nervously replied, Irene face-palmed after hearing what her husband confessed.

"Get out."

He was about to go near her but she pointed her fingers at him as if saying don't.

"Get out!"

Irene shouted, Greggy immediately gets out of their room, still on his attire. Irene gathered all her courage to go to her closet and change her clothes, she went to her husband's company to see the woman.

She's wearing all black, she drove herself to the company and when she arrived she didn't think about the people around and head directly to where the woman's office is, she didn't bother to knock.

"Don't you have manners-

The woman shut up when she saw who was the woman infront of her, the one and only Irene Araneta.

"What are you doing here, Missus Araneta?"

Irene looked around her office, she put her bag down while she roamed around.

"I'm glad that you know me, pardon because I don't know you, perhaps I know your first name but I want to hear it from you, so you are?"

Irene calmly said, not looking at her.

"Antonette Dela Fuente.."

"What a nice name, I heard that you're a lawyer. And if I'm not mistaken, you were the woman I saw kissing with my husband earlier?"

The woman wasn't able to react, she doesn't know what to say and it's making her tremble.

"What if I report this? Goodbye license naba? But don't worry, I won't do that I'm still nice but the next time, nevermind.."

"Are you threatening me? Kasi kung oo, hindi ako natatakot."

"Why? Are you threatened, dear? I actually came just to ask you one thing, sino ka sa buhay ng asawa ko? I know I'm his wife but who are you? His girlfriend? His rebound? His mistress? fck buddy? Weekend hubby?"

The woman's eyes widened and anger was evident on her face, she's clenching her fist and Irene doesn't mind.

"You know what, I didn't come here to fight you I know I can never win against a lawyer. I came her to ask you, layuan mo ang asawa ko."

{Credits to the movie The Love Affair for the few lines I'll use for the confrontation..}

"Hindi ako ang lumapit kay Greggy.."

The woman said, Irene's brow raised.

Greggy it is, the last thing she knew is he's her boss.

"And you expect me to believe in your white lies? Well dear, it won't work.."

"I'm telling you the truth Missus Araneta, I didn't do something."

"Really? So ano yung nakita ko kanina? Niyaya ka tapos pumayag ka agad, napaka pokpok mo naman, hindi gawain ng isang desenteng babae ang pumatol sa may asawa."

Irene directly said infront of her face, the woman burst in anger after hearing what Irene said.

"Wag mo'kong tatawaging ganyan dahil hindi ako-

"Pokpok? Kirida?" Irene interjected raising her eyebrow and squinting her eyes, she's slaying.

"You know what matalino kang babae, so I'll just going to say this to you one last time, Get out of my husband's life dahil kung hindi ako mismo ang magdadala sayo sa impyerno. Attorney, I'll expect you to behave like a decent educated woman you supposedly are, you're a lawyer so you should know what is right and what is wrong, you're a professional so you should act like one. I'll expect you to understand that even if we're not sharing the same love like before handa akong ipaglaban siya at ang pamilya ko, back off and don't try me.."

Irene softly told Antonette, she looked at her deeply as she walk backwards, took her bag and gets out of her office exquisitely.

~

"Mommy.. where have you been?"

Amara asked right away as soon as she saw Irene enter the house, the lady stood up to greet her mother, Irene gestured her for a hug. She needed it, her hug so much.

"I've just met with a friend, love.."

Irene kissed her temple, she's her precious gem.

"Oh, you're wearing black and it suits you! Love it!"

Amara complimented, Irene softly chuckle and caressed her daughter's cheeks.

"Where are your brothers? And why are you here downstairs?"

"They're still in the movie room ma, they requested another pack of popcorn and I'm currently cooking it in the microwave."

"Sus, nautusan ang bunso.."

Irene giggles, she gently pulled her daughter near to her and kissed her head again.

"Where's daddy pala? I checked your room and he wasn't there."

Irene bit her lower lip, thinking for another alibi.

"Oh, maybe he's studying files for his work in the guest room. His office here sa house is quite maalikabok pa kasi so doon muna siya."

Amara nodded, she excused herself because she just heard the microwave sound, the popcorn must be ready!

Irene told her to go as she will also go to her room to change.

"Don't eat too much of that love, tell your kuyas also. We'll be having our dinner pa."

Amara replied a yes and a genuine smile as she hurriedly went to the movie room.

Vote and Comment