Chapter 17

I felt the white hot pain on my cheek as my dad slapped me across the face.

"One day you'll realise how pathetic you really are!" He yelled, tugging harshly on my hair, making me scream in pain.

"I'm sorry Daddy." I whimpered as he let go of my hair.

"You should be!" He screamed again, kicking me in the stomach, earning another cry of pain from me.

"STEPH!" I heard a different voice shouted, making me jolt awake. I was panting desperately, beads of sweat resting upon my forehead as I felt Louis rubbing my back.

"What happened Stephy?" He asked, turning on the lamp next to the bed.

"What's the time?" I asked shakily, trying to change the subject.

"3.20am, now tell me what happened." He said, looking straight into my eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it." I mumbled. Louis sighed and pulled me onto his lap. As he did so, someone knocked on the door and Liam popped his head around, looking tired and worn out.

"Everything okay? I heard yelling and screaming." He said, looking at me. I looked down at my lap and I could feel Louis mouthing something to Liam. I felt the bed dip down next to where we were, meaning Liam had come to sit down. I felt a finger under my chin as Liam lifted up my head, making me look at him.

"Dr. Harries would want you to talk to us." He said, giving me a sympathetic look.

"It was about my dad." I mumbled, leaning back against Louis' chest.

"Did he hurt you?" Liam asked softly and I nodded, a few tears escaping.

"Hey, we've got you now, okay? He won't hurt you ever again." Louis said seriously, wiping away my tears as more and more came out. I turned around and cried into Louis' chest as he rubbed my back. I felt Liam kiss me on the forehead then get up and leave.

"I'm t-tired of it L-Lou." I cried.

"Tired of what baby girl?" He asked, still holding me tightly.

"Of everything. I'm tired of the nightmares, I'm tired of crying all the time and I'm tired of making your life so hard."

"Shh, calm down cupcake. Look at me baby girl." He said, pulling away slightly. I slowly turned to look up at him and he wiped away my tears. "You have every right to cry, okay? You've been through so much, it is perfectly normal for you to cry. The nightmares will go eventually, okay? You're getting better already! And stop thinking you're making my life hard. I love you more than this world, and nothing you could do or say will make me change my mind."

I took a shaky breath as he finished his little speech. When he was done he kissed my forehead and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Shall we get some sleep?" He asked after a minute. I nodded and lay back down next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his warm chest. The sound of his steady heartbeat quickly sent me into a deep sleep.

****

I woke up in an unfamiliar room and an empty bed. I didn't know where I was so I began to panic slightly.

"Louis!?" I called out for him. I heard the sound of his footsteps and relaxed slightly.

"Hey baby." Louis said opening the door, a reassuring smile on his face.

"Where are we?" I asked as he came and sat down on my bed.

"We're in the hotel sweetie, remember?" He said, pulling me in for a hug.