CIDYF 23

Liyeon sniffles as he held his phone

Liyeon sniffles as he held his phone. It rang, making him look at it. He wished it was his father, but instead it's his uncle Namjoon. He answers the call, clearing his throat.
"Hi, uncle" He says, trying his best to sound happy.

"Hi, Yeonie"

"Why did you call me, uncle?" Liyeon asks, wiping his tears. He bit his bottom lip, gulping.

"I heard you and your papa had a fight... He wanted me to talk with you"

"H-huh? Why?" Liyeon asks. His papa must still be mad at him if he had called his uncle to talk to him.

"Yup... So... What was the cause of the fight, Yeonie?"

"I... I met up with dad... " Liyeon says, sniffling.

"Don't cry, Yeonie... I understand why you're papa got mad, but at the same time, I don't agree with him not wanting to talk to you"

"But you know how papa is, uncle... When he gets mad, he doesn't talk and ignores people" Liyeon says, laughing a bit. He hears Namjoon chuckles and agree with him.

"Yeah... If you don't mind telling me, what did you and your dad talk about? Your papa had told me you didn't want to tell him that's why he got mad"

"Well... He told me that papa wanted to abort me when he found out he was carrying me... That he ran off when dad tried to stop him... That dad thought papa had already done it..." Liyeon says, feeling the same hurt when he first heard that.

"And do you believe your dad?"

"I don't know, uncle... Part of me does and another part of me does not" Liyeon explains and his uncle hummed.

"You know, I was with your papa when he was carrying you... Yes, your papa had a very hard time... He had to work job to job just to buy food... Don't believe your other father, Liyeon... He's manipulating you, I'm here... I can assure you that your papa really wanted you... Your papa worked so hard that he almost lost you once, I was with him until you were born, Liyeon... If your papa didn't want you, you wouldn't be here, am I right?"