Chapter 78 - Forever and Eternal Peace

Start from the beginning

Ping Yifan’s hand was extremely nice looking. His palm was broad, the shape of the hand well structured and defined. The skin was very fair, smooth like jade, and no matter how one looked at it, it seemed as though it was the beloved work of a top quality jade carver. Although there were a few calluses, they did not affect how Wu Xingzi was entranced. Unlike its appearance, Ping Yifan’s hand was very rough, not like that of a scholar, but like… a military man. It was warm, dry and powerful, and it almost entirely encapsulated his own.

To have such a show of affection from a man he liked, Wu Xingzi was in the clouds. Even while walking, he felt as though he was floating. The bright, incandescent smile on his face could not be suppressed, and the impact of seeing Yan Wenxin had been temporarily thrown to the back of his head.

Ping Yifan was very familiar with Qingyun Peak. Yan Wenxin’s entourage evidently planned on taking the private path up the back of the mountain, so they took a small detour on a side trail, and quickly reached Qianyun Stairs. Now was still not the time to let Yan Wenxin see Wu Xingzi, and today’s meeting was a complete coincidence.

Although it could not be seen from his face, Ping Yifan was feeling very frustrated. His hand around Wu Xingzi’s tightened further, as though he was afraid that the man next to him would run away once he was not paying any attention.

On the other side, Yan Wenxin was reproaching his daughter. His wife and him were deeply in love, and he had never even once accepted a female servant meant to share his bed. The couple had given birth to two sons and two daughters, a perfect balance.

His oldest daughter had already been married a few years ago, and his youngest daughter was thirteen this year. Pampered since young to the point where she was now wild and unruly, haughty and unreserved, she was without the gentleness and restraint that a noble young lady should have. She often dressed up in a male’s garb, running wild in the capital, and had such good relations with the other boys in her family clan that she would just throw her arms around their shoulders and run off to restaurants. Truly, she was a big headache for Yan Wenxin.

Although he had hired many female teachers and nannies to teach this daughter of his over the years, being the apple of his wife’s eye, she shielded her daughter very well. Her three other older children were all married with their own families, and she only had this one daughter left next to her. As long as she did not get herself into any great trouble, Yan Wenxin’s wife did not allow him to admonish her.

Alright, Yan Wenxin would not admonish her then, but an occasional lesson was still required.

Stopped by her father, on her horse, Yan Caijun dawdled back to him with a pout. “Dad2–”

“Look at you, so careless and excited. I let you ride a horse today to help watch over the elders of the family, but if you’re going to continue being so reckless, just come back into the carriage,” Yan Wenxin rebuked her with a frown.

“Aiyoh, I know, Dad, I’ll be a little better.” Yan Caijun stuck her tongue out. Although she was unreserved and reckless, she was not a fool, and she would not push her father’s limits.

In any case, she had played enough just now, and so she stayed sedately by her father’s carriage.

“Whose carriage is it at the back?” Yan Wenxin had called his daughter over not only just to give her a warning. When he pulled up the curtain just now, he had noticed a plain and simple carriage at the back. Not able to recognise who it belonged to, he was a little concerned.