chronic pain (deku & big brother hawks)

(request, tbh requester all love and respect to midnight but I've never been able to easily write her character easily so I'm going with ur second choice, sorry </3)

(Second note: I took adoption here in a different direction than I think the request was I def was like "yes took under the wing bro to bro" not literal adoption but I have no time to rewrite Wattpad already deleted the 700 words I already had written ❤️‍🔥)

Hawks was doing his usual flight plan, flying over the city, scanning alleyways and streets for any sign of distress when he saw a familiar tuft of forest green hair.

Endeavor's newest intern.

Izuku Midoriya.

He swooped down to say hi, entering the alley with a smile and friendly greeting, "hey lil dude! What's up?" He asked, but then he got a little closer.

Izuku was sprawled out uncomfortabley and he was absolutely sobbing.

"Woah woah woah, kiddo what's wrong? What happened?" He asked, immediately becoming a bit more hesitant. It could be a trap.

He hated to think that way, especially when the kid was in pain.

"It hurts so much." Izuku sobbed. His wrists were bent in and his elbow looked far out of place.

"My wrists and arms and legs-" he sobbed, "help please." He sobbed. He looked sick.

"Where's endeavor?" He asked, "why aren't you interning right now?"

"I went h-home because I got pretty t-tangled with a v-villain but my whole body h-hurts." He sobbed, stutters beginning to take over his whole dialogue.

Hawks let his guard down slightly and moved closer to Izuku.

He took Izuku's wrists in his hands. Izuku tried to control his breathing and crying as Hawks looked at his arms and hands.

It was all swollen and bent awkwardly. He had bloody cuts all over.

He looked at Izuku's legs and it was the same.

"Can you move?" Hawks asked calmly, but seriously.

"Barely." He hiccuped, "it hurts. I've b-been going to see so many doctors to figure out why I hurt for no reason and why all th-these things and- and no one will tell me what to fix. So many quirks have been tried on me I'm so tired, Hawks." He sobbed.

"Okay, look, do you think you need to go to the hospital? Or just rest until the pain dies down." Hawks said calmly, "I'm sure we can get you some Aleve and a nap back at the agency."

"Hospi'l." He said, choking on tears as he tried to speak through an offset jaw.

He didn't flinch as Hawks moved to pick him up. He slightly tensed as they took off high into the hair, above the streets and rooftops, and quickly reached the enterence to the emergency room.

A nurse came to be with them immediately, seeing Izuku in the pained state he was.

"Woah woah what happened?" She asked, helping lay Izuku down on a cot.

"He's interning with a pro-hero. He was sent home because of injuries but from what I understand there were previous complications. He said he's seen doctors before- anyways he's in pain and we need to fix that." Hawks said.

The nurse nodded and called a few other people over. They gave him strong pain meds. He was so loopy he didn't feel any of the pain when they popped his loose joints back into place. His elbow, his jaw, a shoulder, a knee, an ankle.

They noticed how his cuts weren't clotting very fast either. They bandaged them, administered stitches where needed.

They noticed huge, dark bruises all over his body. After an hour in the hospital, they began to worry about Izuku's heart rate. Slowing and quickening at awkward rates.