the boy who cried wolf. (shinkami)

Kaminari faked being sick a lot.

Like, a lot a lot.

Whether it was a headache or a stomachache, he'd do anything to get out of class. Lectures were just sooooo boring.

But today something was off. He could feel it, something shifting in the pit of his stomach. No one really seemed to notice except for Shinso.

He noticed when he went to his boyfriend's dorm that morning that something was wrong.

Maybe it was the way Kaminari didn't bother to brush his hair. Or the sheen of sweat that sat on his brow. Or the shiver that rested in his shoulders and jaw. Or even the way his posture was more hunched than usual. The poor guy looked just as tired as Shinso usually did.

So of course, he spoke up about it.

"Kami? What's wrong?" He asked, stopping him before he could get out of his dorm.

"Nothin." He said casually. Shinso just shook his head, "you don't look well what's going on?"

"I just feel a bit sick that's all. It's probably just something I ate or morning sickness, it'll go away, it happens to the best of us." He said optimistically.

Hitoshi just nodded and they went down to breakfast. He poured a bowl of cereal for the two of them, as he usually did, and they went to their usual spot.

Kaminari was very quiet that morning, which didn't tend to be the case. Any other morning he would be chatting Shinso's ear off, all while sloppily shoving sugary cereal into his mouth.

Not today. Today he was eerily silent and barely ate any of his cereal.

"You sure you're okay?" Shinso asked as they brought their bowls to the dishwasher. Kaminari nodded silently.

They walked to class 1A together, Kaminari said goodbye and Shinso left him a soft kiss on Denki's pale cheek.

When Denki sat down, Shinso went to go find Aizawa, knowing he was usually late.

He found him in the teacher's lounge, drinking his first cup of coffee, talking with Present Mic.

"Mr. Aizawa?" He asked, peeking his head in the door. They were the only two teachers in there.

"Oh, Hitoshi come in." He said tiredly, but kindly. Mr. Aizawa was like a father figure to him. He knew he could go to him about anything. Today it wasn't about himself, it was about Denki.

Shinso closed the door behind him and allowed himself to hug Mr. Aizawa, his mentor.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah! I'm fine. I'm actually worried about Denki... He's really off this morning." Shinso said.

Aizawa's eyebrows furrowed, "how so?"

"I don't think he's feeling very well. For real this time. I know he's used that excuse to get out of class before but today.. I dunno something is really wrong. He was super quiet, barely ate any of his breakfast. He said it was just something he had to eat or morning sickness or something and that it would go away but.. I dunno I just felt like you should know so if he needs to leave you believe him." Hitoshi ranted. Aizawa could tell he was genuinely concerned.

"Okay. I'll keep an eye on him, thank you for letting me know kiddo." Aizawa said.

"Yeah." Shinso replied, "I've gotta get to class or I'll be late."

Aizawa just nodded as he walked off. A couple minutes later the bell rang and Aizawa finally left the teacher's lounge for class.

When he walked in his tired eyes immediately scanned the classroom for Denki, and as said by Shinso, he did not look very well at all. He didn't predict he would make it long. He was right.