Chapter 48- Mermaids off to vacation.

(Sia's pov)

I began folding all my clothes neatly, before placing them in orderly stacks inside my big suitcase. I was packing once again, but this time to return home with my brothers and Ace. This would also mean that I would leave my cousins, and that I probably wouldn't see them soon. I had Max helping me with my things, and he was clearing out all my drawers, while I was clearing up the mess with my clothes.

"Sia, please don't tell me this is what I think it is." Max mumbled, peaking out his head from the closet and stepping away a little, holding a ring. More specifically Ace's family ring that he had given to me, when we were dating. Not only the ring, but he also found it hanging around a necklace, which I would wear almost everyday. I nodded, not paying much attention, because I had broken up with Ace, but that certainly didn't mean I was going to throw away all of my memories with him.

"I would be lying then, if I told you that this does not belong to Ace." I shrugged. Even if Ace was not my boyfriend right now, I would still consider him as my best friend. He was always my best friend, because he simply became my friend first, before he started dating me, something that I appreciated. I soon reached for my bathing suits, and thinking back right now, I don't realize what made me pack 5 pairs of bathing suits, because clearly, I had not been going on some sort of a vacation.

Looking at the multiple swimwear in my hand, Max smirked at me, and I looked at him in question. To that, he simply shook his head. I brushed it off, and began talking to him about how things were with him while I was gone, and other mundane things. We soon finished packing my things after another 45 minutes, after which we both slowly walked towards the living room, and collapsed on the sofa.

I never realized how tiring packing could be, but I was glad that Max was helping me clear my things out. I was lost in my thoughts for a little too long because I didn't notice all my brothers and Ace came out of their rooms, all gathering up their luggage. What shocked me the most was how much luggage they all had. I thought they would all pack light, as it was only picking me up, and returning home.

Looking at my questioning gaze, they all looked amongst themselves, before Will couldn't hold his excitement any longer, and just shouted, "WE'RE GOING ON A VACATION BABY!" All my brothers began glaring at him, for spilling all the beans. "Yeah yeah, now go on and tell her where exactly we are going, why don't you?" Alex sarcastically sneered.

Will taking the words literally, once again screamed out, "WE ARE GOING TO MALDIVES! AND GUESS WHAT, THIS IS NOT JUST A FAMILY VACATION, WHICH MEANS THAT YOUR FRIENDS, JUSTIN, LUCAS, ELIZABETH, AND LOVER BOY HERE WILL ALSO BE JOINING US." Alex then smacked him on the backside of his head, and the sound resonated very well, because we were all quiet for a long two minutes.

Will just seemed as if he had been kicked or something, but I quickly hugged him close to me, mumbling a quiet 'love you'. I swear, he was one of the most adorable people I had ever met, and he was my brother, which meant that I could witness this 24/7.  But, I was elated to be going on a vacation, even though I missed home more than anything. It would also mean that I would have plenty of bonding time with everybody, and we could all be carefree and relaxed.

It seemed like I had caught Will's excitement, because both of us were now squealing and giggling, and whispering to each other about all the things we could do. I guess we were whispering a little too loudly, because I heard Xander grumble from beside us, "No children, you will not get anymore candy today, or at least till we reach our villas in Maldives." He actually spoke to us as if we were children, which offended me extremely, and I think it offended Will just as much, because we were both pouting.

We all then proceeded to say our goodbyes to all our cousins, and I must admit, I did get a little teary eyed while saying goodbye to especially Drake and Xavier, because I had become closeted to them the most, and it would be wired not waking up to Xavier's pancakes, or Drake's fake brooding face. Before leaving, both the boys promised that they would make up some excuse, and come visit me very soon, which lifted my spirits. "But why can't you come on this vacation with all of you." I cribbed.

"You know we can't doll, besides Vince had just assigned us some mafia related work, which must be done as soon as possible." Xavier said in his deep voice, and I knew Drake was going to continue, but I cut both of them off and whined to myself, "I can ask him to send someone else, he can never resist me."

"Try to think logically here baby, he is the Capo, and when he leaves we, as his cousins or brother, whatever you please, have to help him handle the mafia till he is done, and the favor is returned, which means that when I am away, Vince handles all the work here in the Italy base for us." Drake said, bending down to my level because I was sitting on the sofa. I... I understood, but I also didn't want to leave them behind.

Although they were my cousins, I considered them as my real brothers, not only because they had been caring for me for a month, but also since the first time I met them. If none of my real brothers were free, I would call my cousins, who would keep me entertained for hours. I nodded, and got up from my seat, pulling both my brothers in a tight and long hug. I knew I wouldn't see them soon no matter how much they insisted, but I would cherish these last moments.

No words were exchanged between us, and there was no need to as well. It was clear as day that we loved each other. I then make my way to the front of the house once again. I noticed everybody seated in the car while Xander and Ace loaded up all the luggage in the cars.

With one last look at all my cousins, and the house I was living in for a month, I swiftly turned on my heel and sat inside the car. We were off to Maldives, and now it finally felt like I was starting a new chapter in my life. We reached the airport in 45 minutes, and during that time, Will and I were acting like hyperactive kids, who had too much sugar. The plane ride was super fun, as we played rock paper scissors, from across two ends, which also disturbed my brothers, but we didn't care. The journey on the plane was an extremely long one, of 9 hours and 30 minutes to be exact, but hey, who was counting. I am kidding, I was bored out of my mind, because there is only so much that one can do in a private jet.

For the last one hour, I was sitting next to Ace, and both of us were listening to songs from our shared playlist. It was the playlist we had made when we were dating for almost 2 months. I had my head on his shoulder, and my legs spread out in front of me. He was also in a similar position, and somehow, our legs were intertwined, not that I minded or anything.

Soon, the comfort lulled me to sleep, and before I knew it, I felt Ace gently kissing my forehead, and shaking my shoulders slightly to wake me up. I woke up, and immediately peeked out, only to be mesmerized by the view in front of me. Clear blue waters, with tiny islands scattered all along. Looking at the view below, only one thought occurred, and that was that this was going to be the best, unexpected vacation ever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and vote :)

P.S. Only two more chapters to go!!!

~Fangurl<3