Chapter 31- That was a bloody lizard, you doofus!

(Sia's pov)

Things had become somewhat normal between me and Ace, but there was still some tension in the air, as if there were still some things that were not spoken yet. Ace would apologise to me everyday, in hopes that we would start dating, and everyday I would subtly show that we needed time apart from each other.

Somehow, today we had both woken up early, now he was brewing our morning coffee, while I was flipping our banana pancakes, while lightly moving to the beat of the song that was being played in the background. Once done, Ace stared at me from his seat at the counter, with the kiss me eyes, and I did my best to resist those.

"Would you stop looking at me like that?" I finally grumbled.

"I'm not looking at you in any way. I am just admiring the umm.. Food. Yes, food." He replied, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

Shaking my head in annoyance, I served both himself and me and then took a seat across from him. I quickly squirted some syrup on my pancakes and dug in. Going through my Instagram feed, I kept my head down, eyes on the phone. It was later when I realized that some syrup had fallen onto my lips, dripping down my chin.

I licked my lips, and heard a soft groan. Lifting my head up, I noticed Ace looking down, his hands clenched on the table. He seemed to be cursing under his breath. "I swear, I'm trying so hard to be good for you, to control myself, but you make it so hard."

Ha! That's what she said. Okay, wrong time.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was doing wrong." I said, and he then scoffed, before getting up from his seat, putting his dish in the dishwasher and moseying into his room. I was trying to understand what just happened, when I got a conference call from all my best friends and twin. Attending the phone, I was greeted by multiple cheerful hellos.

After the pleasantries, I told them what had happened two days ago, and at that I got a varied reaction from everybody. Liz started squealing, Max and Justin had unhappy frowns and Lucas just looked smug. I just continued to explain what happened this morning, and with all the squealing and noise, Ace came strolling into my room, with only shorts on and nothing else.

Gaping like a bloody fish, suddenly my mind went blank and I had nothing to say. Just then both Liz and Lucas simultaneously said 'Hi Ace'. Suddenly, looking extremely proud of himself, he stared at me while saying hi to everybody on the phone call. Max then made some lame excuse and ended the call.

Our intense staring and the silence stayed for a while, after which I awkwardly cleared my throat and asked, "Umm... did you... do you need something?"

"Yes, I was wondering if you would like to watch a movie together, if you're not doing anything." He asked me adorably, looking nervous.

"Yeah sure." I said, keeping my phone away, "What are we watching anyways."

"Anything you like." He kept his large but warm hand on my lower back, guiding me to the couch. And I again started feeling those goddamn butterflies in my stomach. Trying to divert my mind from our somewhat intense and couple-like moment, I sent him to make the popcorn, while I bought all the extra pillows and blankets.

Just as I was setting up the couch to make it more cozier, I heard a shrill cry of help from the kitchen. Quickly grabbing the hidden gun from under the couch, I rushed towards the kitchen, my weapon aimed and loaded. Looking around for threats, I found Ace standing on the counter, while staring right behind me with what I could explain were the scared eyes.

Turning around, I found myself staring at the lizard, who was frozen in place with all the noise and commotion in the room. I roared in laughter, not able to help myself. The big bad scary mafia boss was scared of a lizard. Throwing my slipper at it, I turned around once again, to glare at Ace, who hugged me tightly.

"Oh kind maiden, you saved me from the danger!" He said in an exaggerated manner.

"That was a bloody lizard, you doofus! I mean seriously, you don't even blink twice when someone has a gun pointed at you, and you are frightened by a lizard staring at you from across the kitchen." I tutted.

When I said that, his cheeks and ears turned an adorable shade of pink. This made me awe at him, and I beckoned him over to give me a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he wrapped his around my waist, holding me close to him tightly. "You know, I really am sorry for everything that I did, everything that I said to you that night. If I could take any moment back, it would be that night. I just... I miss you so much that it honestly gets so hard for me to even breathe."

Out of all his apologies, this one felt the most sincere, as if he truly meant every word that he just spoke right now. Instead of replying to him, I pulled myself out of the hug, and softly pressed my lips to his. I could feel him smiling so widely, before pulling away and asking, "So does that mean that you're my girlfriend again? 'Cause this time I'm not letting you get away from me."

Nodding my head, yes, I once again pulled him in for a kiss. This one was filled with passion and love, but most importantly reassurance that everything would be okay between us. Pulling away from him for the second time that night, I took his hand in my much smaller one, and dragged him back to the couch, ready for our movie marathon.

We decided on watching Tangled, and for the first time it wasn't the movie that my attention was on. It was the person that was sitting next to me that made me happy. I knew that this was only our fight and that there would be many more fights to come, but I had confidence in our relationship and most importantly our love for each other.

With that thought in mind, I snuggled further into Ace's chest, where I could hear his heart thumping wildly. At that, I grinned widely, because I had the same effect on him as he had one me. I was happy, but they always say that happiness doesn't last a long time. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3