Chapter 12- How Hard Can Being Normal Be?

(Sia's pov)

The following day, everybody acted as if nothing happened last night and for that I felt very thankful. I knew that all my brothers knew what had actually happened to me and Max before we started living here, but nobody commented on it. Everybody noticed my puffy red eyes, and runny red nose, but again, too scared to upset me, they didn't bother me about it. Now that everybody was seated in their places on the dining table, Alex quickly pulled my chair close to his, after whispering about him having a fight tonight and if me and Max would like to come.

"We both also have a fight but I think that it's later at night. Maybe at 12 or 1. Not sure, but yes we would love to come." I whispered back, excitement visible on my face.

"Cool, just to let you know, Will, Xander and Ace will also accompany us because Will is the doctor, Xander and Ace are going to fight as well." Alex whispers, trying to keep his voice low, so as to not get caught today.

"Well, then let's meet in my room tonight after dinner, so that we can sneak out together." I say.

"What are you both whispering about? Anyway, get ready guys cause you all have school in the next 10 minutes." Elijah said, perfectly taking up the role of the mother hen of the family.

Quickly I got up from my seat, to get my bag ready, because yesterday's events made me forget about school today. I think Max too forgot as he rushed behind me as well. Laughing Alex hollered, "If you guys aren't here in the next 5 minutes, we're leaving."

"We're coming, wait." Max immaturely yelled back.

"I call dibs on shotgun." I said, walking, more like rushing towards the garage where all the cars were. "I also ride with Alex." I said, quickly to avoid any fights from breaking out amongst my brothers.

-----------------------------Timeskip t0 reaching school-------------------------------

Reaching school, I quickly got out of the car and rushed towards my locker, to get my book out for my first class this morning, which was advanced biology. I loved biology, and I could really see myself going into a medical career in the future.

The one thing I have noticed since my first week at school, was that Ace was in most of my classes. He has either shifted his classes asking the teachers, or threatened his way through. Either way, now he always sits behind me, constantly playing with my hair, asking for a damn pencil, or just simply annoying me with his goddamn smirk. Another thing I noticed was Max being in all my classes. And surprisingly enough, he never told Ace to back off from annoying me.

So when suddenly during AP math, when Ace stopped fighting with my hair for the nth time today, I mumbled a quiet hallelujah. He had annoyed me to the point where I wouldn't even tell him off for it. You know there are people, who you hate a lot, but you would still want to see them everyday. Ace was that kind of person. He infuriated me to no end, but I would always want to see him the next day.

Recently, all Ace and I did was fight, or call each other names. Actually, no I would call him names, and he would turn those names into something dirty and would later smirk and look all proud of himself. But I kind of liked our constant bickering. But for a month or so, I have noticed Ace looking like a love sick puppy whenever Liz and I would walk past him and my brothers. I think he has a crush on my bestfriend, which honestly hurt me a lot.

To stop that hurt feeling, I started ignoring him again, like I would when I had initially joined school. I think he has noticed, because he has been pestering me even more than usual. Annoyed, I grit my teeth, clench my jaw and just wait for the class to get over, so that we could leave for lunch. As soon as the bell rang, I roughly grabbed Ace's huge arm in my hand and dragged him out of the classroom. Dragging him to an empty classroom, I whipped my head to finally take a good look at him.

"Nerdy, I didn't know you wanted to get down and dirty on me." He said with that goddamned smirk.

"In your dreams Hernandez. Another thing, just stop bothering me so damn much. I don't know what your problem is." I angrily ranted. Mad at him, mad at myself, mad at Elizabeth, and basically mad at everyone right now.

"First you just flirt and annoy me to the point where I can't decide whether to punch your teeth out or slap your ugly face, then the next moment you are all over my best friend. Do me a favour, just stop bothering me so much. And in return, I will set you up on a damn date with Liz." I said, gritting my teeth. This was all so very painful and I was ready to cry, but I knew I couldn't. Otherwise he would know about me having feelings for him.

"Woah, woah, woah. Back up there nerdy. I do not have feelings for Liz. Try remembering what Liz's last name is will ya." He said, his nose scrunched up adorably.

Ugh no he is ugly and the exact opposite of cute. Ace Hernandez and Elizabeth Hernandez. How could I forget? God did I just embarrass myself in front of my crush. How stupid could I possibly get?

"Right, well, see you later then." I mumbled, cheeks red out of sheer embarrassment. Just as I was about to walk out of the classroom, he grabbed my arm and turned me around so that once again I was facing him.

"Were you jealous, because you looked jealous. Anyway sweetheart, I didn't know you paid so much attention to me." He said, a genuine smile on his face.

"Why on earth would I be jealous, especially for a pig head like you." I said.

"You know, babydoll, when you lie, your nose twitches and your ears turn red." He said, looking amused.

"You are just.... Ugh." I said, turning around once again, but this time trying to hide my smile. I knew he paid close attention to me, because he knew my signs of lying.

Speed walking towards the cafeteria, I quickly spot Liz, Justin and Lucas sitting with my brothers in the middle of the cafeteria. Making my way towards them, I settle down between Will and Lucas. Max was about to tell or rather ask me something, when I just mouthed 'tell you later.' Ace soon reached our table and sat across from me.

Starting again with his idiotic smirk and those alluring eyes, he stared at me. Liz noticed, and suddenly squealed which broke me out of the staring contest with the pig head. Getting up from the table, she grabbed my hand and dragged me with her outside the cafeteria. Max followed us and was right in time when she asked me what all that was about.

"Nothing, just the pig head of your brother finds entertainment in staring at me." I said with a small pout.

"Wipe that pout away, and well I think my brother likes you. He couldn't keep his eyes off you when we were over to yours the other day." She said, squealing like a moron.

"You think he likes her. God, he literally can't keep his eyes off Sia. And if you have noticed, he follows you everywhere." Max scoffed, mad that a slimy git he called as friend liked his twin.

"Both of you are being ridiculous, he doesn't like me. And both of you, chill." I said, walking away from my bestfriend and my twin. Just hoping that what Max and Liz said was true. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please like and comment :)

~Fangurl<3