Chapter 42- Tales of a broken heart.

(Sia's pov)

That night, once everybody returned to the house, there was an unusual kind of silence, a somber one. Nobody spoke, and that was what led me to think that I seemed to have made a mistake saying yes to marrying Ace. I couldn't believe I just single-handedly ruined my whole relationship with my family just for my own selfish needs, and I would be damned if I didn't try and make things right.

Seeing as nobody was going to speak, with a heavy heart, and tears filled eyes, I rushed up to my room, and locked myself in. Nobody came after me, to console me, to remind me that everything would be alright. Whilst sobbing, I could only hear Xander's harsh words echoing in my head, playing in an endless loop of how he was never going to accept my decision of marrying Ace.

I didn't realize when I fell asleep, but when I woke up, I became aware of my crusty but sore eyes, and my stuffy nose. It was a telltale sign of how I had been crying all night long. I got out of my bed sloppily, too tired. Stumbling my way into the bathroom, I took a good look and myself, and boy, did I look horrible. Having a quick wash, I composed myself for what I was about to do today. Today, I would meet up with Ace and tell him everything was over between us, and for good this time. I cannot keep upsetting my family every time for myself, and especially after everything they have done for me.

I wore a black hoodie and some light blue jeans. I didn't not wish to dress up or do anything, but I had to amend things and this would be a start. I quickly made my way out of my house, avoiding all my brothers, even Max and Vince, who approved my relationship with him. Making my way towards his house, I rang the bell, and stepped back, looking at my shoes. I was also wearing shades so that nobody would see my red eyes. 

Ace opened the door, and he had the widest smile on his face when he saw me. I hated to do this, but I spoke in my most steadiest voice, "I need to talk to you, alone." With that, I walked in his house, and rushed up to his room, where I would break the news that I would not get engaged to him, and that we were breaking up.

When he reached the room himself, I spared him no time for pleasantries, and got straight to the point. "Look, as much as I love you, and would do anything for you, my family comes first, it will always come first. I hate to do this to you, because you have taught me the meaning of true love, but I cannot get engaged to you. I also cannot keep seeing you anymore because it would just hurt too much for us to continue whatever this is." I said, while pointing at the two of us. This time, I couldn't stop my voice from breaking. I had tears flowing down my eyes, and this whole while I was looking down, not wanting to meet his eyes, and seeing the hurt and betrayal in them. I hated this.

I finally looked up, and to say I was shocked would be an understanding. His eyes were blood red, and suddenly his face lost all signs of the smile he had when he saw me. His face, he looked older than he actually was when he was upset. He didn't try to say anything, he simply nodded. It looked like he had given up, and if I was in his place, I would probably do the same, at least if the person kept on hurting you for days on end.

Once again, he nodded, but this time more firmly as if he was trying to convince himself more than me. With that, he finally spoke, "So what? All this is just over," He questioned, snapping his fingers to show how suddenly things were going at top speed, "You just leave like that. Don't I at least get a say in this matter?" I was... I didn't know what to even say at this point. I simply lurched forward, and hugged him like my life depended on this hug. "Always know that you were my first love, and will be my last, but I am sorry. I love you, and things will possibly be better for us in the next lifetime." With that, I tried pulling out of the hug, because at this point, I was crying uncontrollably, but he tightened his hold against me. "Just... please don't, I am begging you, this would shatter me." He begged.

"Okay, okay, just one last kiss, please." He gave up, and connected our lips together. This was one of our most meaningful kisses yet. This meant something. This meant goodbye to us. Both of us had silent tears flowing out, while we held each other close, not wanting to let go. It suddenly got too overwhelming and I just had to break away.

Keeping my head down, I quickly stepped away from him, took a good look at him, and rushed out of his room, his house and his life, once and for all. I didn't go home immediately, finding solace in the garden that was gifted to me on my birthday. I just sat on the swing, all alone, sobbing my eyes out. I couldn't believe it. It just felt as though someone had ripped my heart out, and had broken it into a million pieces.

I could vividly remember all the time I spent with him.

"Oh my god! Ace, you cannot do that." I laughed. He opened the flour packet, and as expected, the flour splattered all over his face, making him resemble a ghost. "You were supposed to tell me that, before I opened this packet." He suggested with a chuckle of his own. Suddenly, his eyes caught on an evil glint, and suddenly all the flour was over me. Once the cloudy puff diffused and Ace got a look at me, he burst out laughing, whilst I just stood there with my mouth wide open, going back to what just happened. "Oooo, you really shouldn't have done that. This calls for a food fight." I announced, not an ounce of fear heard in my voice.

That afternoon had ended with both of us being yelled at by my older brother and Ace's mother. But for all it was worth, I won, and it was the best way to spend a boring afternoon.

"Darling you just need to trust me, and know that I won't drop you." Ace grinned, enjoying how much I was fearing falling down. It was one of our dates, and he decided to take me ice-skating, but the only problem was that I didn't know how to skate.

"I trust you with my whole being, but what if you are not able to catch me when I fall, what if I get hurt?" I questioned, pouting slightly. Instead of answering back, he joined our lips together for a sweet kiss, promising that he would never let anything happen to me. "Baby, I will always protect you, from me, yourself, people who want to hurt you. Everybody. I promise to always be with you, and to always love you."

Remembering all these memories brought back more tears, because it finally settled in what all I had lost and all that I had destroyed because of my selfish needs. It was better to take myself out of the picture. Suddenly the rain drummed cascades down the huge tree covering the swing, and violent wind gusts shook the swing. I was drenched to the bone.

I was too numb with pain and heartbreak to notice how cold I actually felt. I slowly made my way towards my house, where I was greeted by all my brothers, some looking furious, others looking overly concerned upon seeing the state I was in. Clothes clinging to my body, eyes and nose a flaming red, my hair sticking to my forehead and neck. Quickly, Will wrapped me in a hug, after which he lent me a warm blanket, but I couldn't not respond. I hated being depressed, and the state I was in, was exactly that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am literally sobbing right now while writing this chapter, because this honestly reminds me of my first break-up, which was equally bad. I had to end a two year relationship, because of reasons, and honestly that was a rough patch in my life. But in all honesty, I hope you all are enjoying the story so far, and I am really sorry for the irregular updates.

Please vote and comment :)

~Fangurl<3