Chapter 34- Things took an unexpected turn.

(Sia's pov)

Running or rather limping out of the room, I rushed towards the basement, as fast as I could, with the increasing pain in my abdomen and my nose. I think Luke must have broken it. Reaching the basement, I found many dead guards, or the ones which were alive, were on the verge of death, with all the moaning and groaning, and all the blood gushing out. I saw many faces, but yet no sign of Ace.

Just when I was about to go find him somewhere else, some tall guy punched me in the face. Shaking my head, to get rid of the dizziness, I charged towards him, in full anger. I punched him in the jaw, and kicked him straight in the face. Before I caused any more damage, my arms were held by more guards, who were now repeatedly punching me on my face and other parts of the body.

Suddenly when the guy removed his gun to shoot me, it was kicked out of his hand by none other than Ace. This time he looked thoroughly pissed and furious to the point where you could see that he was out on a killing spree. Almost immediately, he beat up all the men that were on me not even a few minutes ago. I of course helped him, and when all the men were either dead, or thoroughly injured, he hugged me close to him.

Being in his arms once again, the events of today finally hit in, as the adrenaline wore off, as I started sobbing in his chest. He was gently rubbing my back, trying to comfort me. Looking up at him with watery eyes and a continuous flow of tears, I noticed that his eyes were also glassy looking.

"I think we should get out of this place, and head back to the penthouse." I said with a hoarse voice, after waiting for a few minutes. Nodding his agreement, he grabbed my hand and led me outside to where we had parked our car, two days ago, I think.

Sitting in the car, he sped through the busy streets, towards our temporary home. Upon reaching the penthouse, he parked and we both stepped into the comfort and warmth that the house provided. I almost sobbed at that thought. Both of us decided that showering would be the best option after which we could order take-out. I showered in our bedroom, while he showered in the guest room.

Getting comfortable in my shorts and a tank top, I made my way to the living room, where I found Ace treating all the wounds on his torso. Grabbing the medicine from his hand I said, "Let me", and pushed him towards the sofa so he could be comfortable. Stepping in between his legs, I started treating his wounds, and just looking at them made me feel guilty that if I hadn't been found then none of this would have happened. Suddenly, I felt Ace's thumb on my cheek, wiping the tears away.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't feel guilty. None of this was your fault-"

"But it was. Can't you see, since I've been involved with you all, there have only been problems created for everybody. Can't you see how none of you guys sleep properly, just planning things to remove the threats coming for me. I am not naïve, I have heard my brothers yelling, you yelling at nights."

"We do that because we love you."

"I am just damaged goods, and I don't think you all should waste you guy's time on me." I was fully sobbing at this point, but I didn't care. I needed to show Ace that he and everybody else was simply wasting their time, because whenever somebody got too close to me, they ended up getting hurt. He cupped my face, and wiped all my tears away. Without saying another word, he pushed my face in his chest, for a hug.

"Breath with me, darling. Shhh, you are doing so well, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. That's it." He cooed. That's how I got my breathing to normal, before he dragged me up to bed with him.

Just before I was about to fall asleep, I heard Ace mumble from beside from, "Well, those were some ugly turn of events, but I promise darling, nobody else will try to take you away from me again, and I will be damned if I let anybody hurt you, that's for sure." I felt him kiss my forehead, and snuggle closer to me, almost pulling me on top of him.

Waking up the next morning, I was feeling a bit disoriented, and frankly like shit. My head was pounding badly, and my throat was as dry as the Sahara desert. Ace was also nowhere to be found. Just when I tried getting out of bed, I felt a dizzy spell come over me, and I fell back.

"Woah, woah, woah, baby! Are you okay? You honestly look like shit." He said, surprised at what just happened.

"Wow, such a good way to boost a girl's confidence." I mumbled jokingly.

"Well, what's wrong? You seem pale and sick." He tried once again.

"No shit Sherlock. I am sick." I deadpanned.

"You are one sassy sick little person." He mumbled under his breath, before walking towards me and wrapping me up in one of his famous hugs that was mostly reserved for me, his siblings and his mother. "Now that you are sick, I get a chance to pamper you, and take care of you so let's start with the kisses-" He came towards me, trying to kiss me, when I pushed his face away.

"No, no kissing till I feel better because I don't want you catching whatever it is that I have." I set the ground rules, because I didn't want him to get sick like me.

"Baby but you realize that you are being unreasonabl-" I cut off his protest, "I don't want to hear it, just bear with this rule till I feel better, and then we can have as many kisses as you want." I said sweetly.

Pouting and grumbling under his breath, he hugged me for the last time, before exiting the room, mumbling about how he was going to make some breakfast for the two of us. I shook my head at his adorableness, and once again tried to get up.

This time, thankfully, I didn't feel dizzy, and so I slowly made my way to the bathroom. Inside the bathroom, when I was washing my face and trying to look presentable, all I could think about was all that Luke told me.

He didn't immediately sit in front of me. He simply paced around the room, trying to wear a hole in the carpet below. Tired of him just moving around not talking, I asked the one question I've been meaning to ask for the longest time. "Why? Why did you beat me, why did you leave me?" I tried my best to not sound weak, but my voice betrayed me.

"Oh darling, how naïve can you be? Don't you realize that I never loved you in the first place. It was all a plan for you to make you fall for me, and then...POOF. I was always a part of the Russian gang, and then when you killed my boss, I became the next boss. You were always a threat to our gang, and so the main motive was for us to kill you and those scum of friends. And please let's not get started on that twin of yours." He replied without remorse, looking quite pleased with himself.

"I need to snap out of this, if I keep holding on to the past, it will take me down with it." I muttered, trying to remove his words that seemed to be permanently ingrained in my head. I had yet not told Ace all that went down between Luke and I, when he had us captured. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3