Chapter 1- Unexpected Family Reunions?

(3rd pov)

Ever wondered what it would feel like to meet your biological family for the first time. Sia did. Alessia 'Sia' as she liked to be known as, was an orphan, or so she thought, her parents, or rather her mother had abandoned her at the doorstep of the orphanage. And the Goodwill Orphanage had become her home now. Sia was a petite girl, with blonde locks, and emerald green eyes. She had an immense passion for horse-riding, even though she had only ridden once before. Living in the orphanage for practically her whole life, she knew every nook and canary of it at the back of her hand, so when she suddenly was summoned to Sister Mary's office, she was caught off guard.

Sia was a very conservative person and would never willingly strike up a conversation with anybody. If she was accustomed to you then she would be the most carefree person, with the never ending energy and a super bubbly personality. Sia was not the easiest person to hang out with, but the effort she was taking, made up for it. Before Sia could make her way to the office, her best friend Max, whom she has known since diapers, calls out for her. Another thing about Sia was that she is a part of a gang called 15 Roses and is the best assassin for that gang, with Max being in second place. Both are excellent street fighters as well as undefeatable street racers.

Max was like a brother to Sia, being the same age as her and also having the same birthday, he had taken all the responsibilities of Sia into his hands. Max eerily looked very similar to Sia, except only with darker hair and also a bit darker eyes. Just as Max stepped into the hallway Sia was in, she asked Max, "Where are you going?"

"Well, I could ask you the same thing, but anyway I'm going to Sister Mary's office."

"Let's go together then"

On their way to the office, both the teens had a conversation on similar lines of

"What'd you get for number 37?"

"The Declaration of Independence, easy."

"This is a MATH TEST!!" Sia exclaimed, exasperated by Max and his careless ways of studying.

Being a very studious person, Sia did not appreciate Max's lack of interest in his studies but never said anything. Reaching Sister Mary's office, they were met with a man who looked in his late 40's. He also looked very similar to both Sia and Max. Alongside him was also a man who looked in his early 20's maybe, having similar features.

Before anybody could say anything the older man asked, "Bambina (babygirl -Italian), is that you?"

Having been fluent in 5 languages including Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, and  Mandarin, Sia understood that both men were Italian.

"Max, Sia, this is your father Lorenzo and your eldest brother Vincenzo." Said Sister Mary.

With this both Sia and Max were speechless, shock evident on both their faces but Max recovered faster and replied with, "Me and Sia are siblings!?"

"Sia and I." Sia mumbled, correcting Max, who shot her the dirtiest look possible.

"Twins actually but yes you both are siblings." Vincenzo replied with a slight smirk, enjoying the slight banter between his younger siblings.

"These gentlemen," said Sister Mary, "wish to adopt you because you all are blood related."

That was the point at which Max stopped listening and Alessia fainted.

It was normal for the twins to act the way they did, because they had been away from their family for 14 years, only spending a year with their family, after being shipped off to an orphanage. When the father had come to know that his youngest children were in some orphanage, he was livid, because he had been trying to find them for years now.

The oldest sibling had a reaction similar to his father, but his was more violent, as when his youngest siblings were taken, he had vowed to both himself and his brothers that he would do everything in his power to find them. Those were difficult times for the Romano family, because their mother was missing, their father started drinking and busying himself with his work.

The Romano siblings were left to fend off for themselves, and from a young age, Vincent Romano had taken up the role of their father and mother by caring and protecting his siblings. Family meant everything to him, even at a tender age of 11, he knew the importance of family more than anything.

His other siblings, other than Elijah, were all too small to even remember Max and Alessia, so this didn't bother them that much. But, when they were told that they had younger siblings, Xander had thrown an angry fit, not knowing what to do and how to react. Alex and Will just disappeared from the house for a few days, returning after 3 days with bruises on their knuckles and some cuts on their face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Here is the first chapter of Drowning In The Past, and so I hope you guys like it. I would appriciate it if you could comment and like this. :)

~Fangurl<3