Liam Stewart ( the darkest minds)

Heyooo, so this is going to be set in never fade if you haven't read it then I suggest you do that ... cause spoilers and yeah.I know Cole wasn't originally with the gang so I switched some stuff around!! Enjoy!

When Cole, Ruby , and chubs, Jude, and vida arrived at Liam's last known location which was with a pack of blues, Ruby was meet by a familiar face. " Olivia ?" She asked, she was so happy to see someone she knew from east river had made it out but If she had made it out then it meant Clancy to had made it out and she didn't want to have to deal with him again. " Ruby!! You must be Cole Stewart Liam's brother he talked about you and his time with the league at east river, and chubs it's so good to see you again!" She welcomed them the scars on her cheeks standing out with the pink from the cold, Ruby asked a question cutting cole's on coming questions off ,but she noticed upon asking that Olivia's face darkened. Olivia bit her lip "of course he takes kids to the white tent, the ones no one would know to miss. He knows I cant do amuțind about it he and that they can't fight back. The white tent was exactly that, large, crooked tent strung together with stained white tarp, set off from the others. The stench reached us before the sight of it did Olivia lifted the red bandanna around her neck to cover her mouth." You have to take him while he still has a chance.
" what the hell? Just take me to my brother." Cole demanded, " olivia are you ok?" Chubs asked Olivia " he's....I'm sorry I'm so sorry I tired so hard but...." Her voice was in anguish." I'm the only one who cares enough to take care of them.he tried for a whole but " they all followed her inside where all the sick kids were until "!who?" Cole asked "Your not here for Liam?" She asked Cole didn't remember pushing past us but he did remember his hands as pale on the fabric of the large tent, shoving aside the idk bedsheet that serves as a door. The stench intensified inside, combined with the sickening sent of mold and foul water. He blinked forcing his eyes to adjust to the light. The pallets creaked groaned as he stepped inside, one snapping all together. There were so many of them, at least twenty five of kids and in the middle was his baby brother in the middle. Seeing his face now the way his cracked and bruised hands curled softly curling around the pale yellow blanket draped over him, I regretted it the sharp ache that Cole felt before he ever took a step towards him. For months his face has only lived in computer screens his scowl captured forever in digital files. I missed him I missed him I missed him' Cole thought." holly hell what happened?" Cole asked getting cut off by Liam coughing , which left him struggling to get a breath, by the time he was done. The air that felt his chest ent out in a terrible wheezing rattle Ruby tried to stop her hand from going to his chest and counting the space between breaths " I think he has pneumonia. I know that cough from anywhere, back in the camps he had gotten sick multiple times but not like this it was mostly colds with a fever but it was a dry cough not a wet one. The cold isn't helping at all" Chubs interjected the only faint touch made Liam open his eyes, the sky blue taken a glassy quality fever bright against his other sow dirty face but they were all there and it was awful" lee, Liam open your eyes" Ruby urged " there, there you are can you the keys are I left them they're." He mumbled " Liam can you understand me?" Ashe asked " how long has he been like this?" Chubs asked " he fought a bug about a week ago that he couldn't shake, I knew something was wrong with him right away I kept asking him questions about you guys but he seemed so disoriented then it turned into a fever than this." Olivia explained, " what's wrong with him? Jude asked " why is he acting like this?!"
. As Cole looked on In disbelief walking closer to Liam's bed, " some mess you've walked you idiotic self into lee." He joked as he turned towards ruby . She two moved closer and sat down on the floor next to the makeshift bed Liam was on, " your awfully pretty wha's your name?" Liam slurred delirious with fever " it's ruby, lee." She said. " ruby like ruby Tuesday, Have we meet before? Cole says it was a dream." Liam said suddenly " no we've never meet." Ruby lied looking at Cole wondering what he'd told Liam " please don't go where I can't follow please it again!." " I'll stay right here, I'm
Not leaving" Ruby answered to the cries "don lie, this is a place where you don have to ." He said. When chubs and Olivia returned Ruby and Cole didn't know when they had left in the first place, they had what medicine they could sneak out for Liam. "Ok we gotta grab him and load him up into the truck, the guards shouldn't come back for another 30 minutes when their Lunch is over ." Chubs explained " we take him back to the league and I can take care of him there and Ruby you can unblock his memory of you." Cole burst out suddenly wanting to get Liam out of there as quickly as they could. " I don't know Cole I'm not as trained in that deals yet mabey in the next few weeks." The way back to the league was awful Liam would wake up from fever or by coughing so hard he couldn't breath. Ruby was so happy, they were going to leave together

Once they got back to the league cate was waiting with vida, Jude, and Nico angrily but as soon as she saw Cole and Ruby helping Liam walk in between the two of them, the Liam Stewart who ran away so many years ago because he didn't have the heart to hurt anyone. " before you get mad he's sick and hasn't been properly cared for he won't get in the way I promise ." Cole said, " ok, it's ok Cole he's your brother , he's family. Just keep him in your room." Cate said , as the days went by Liam was slowly getting better. Ruby was also able to learn to how she puts her self into Liam's memories with our erasing anymore and helping him remember her. She raced to Coles room where Liam was asleep, she grabbed his hand and went into the memories she erased her self from. When Liam woke up she was there, " Ruby?" He asked , " I'm here Liam , I'm here I've always been here." She said tearfully, " what happened?" He asked coughing a bit since he had just woken up. " well for starters your still
Sick but when we found you it was bad , I also found out a way to put my self back into your memories, I know I shouldn't have erased myself to begin with but I know if I didn't you wouldn't leave the league and I wanted to protect you." Ruby explained " well your here now darlin come here." Liam said while pulling back the covered and Ruby got in and they cuddled. " I love you darlin I know you did what you had to do in order to protect me from the league, but they don't have limits enough isn't enough for them, we could go out on the run again, just you me and chubs go get him from his folks place find zu and it'll just be us." Liam said coughing a bit more, they cuddled until they fell asleep, and that's how Cole found them , with a smile on his face knowing that Ruby gave his baby brother his memories of her back. " sleep well gem, you to lee." He said before he walked out and closing the door behind him. Everything they had been though was to find him, now that they had it was a matter of time before he fully recovered from the freezing cold and the heart break he'd felt seeing his brother so weak and sick, yes there had been times where When they were younger Liam had been sick but that was the a cold or flu now he was on the road to recovery and Cole could live with that.

So this is longer than I expected it to be, but I did write it late at night and when I started writing it on here more things piped into my head.
Hope y'all enjoyed!! Till the next one
-Susie