But neither of you managed.

The world seemed to tilt, and you found yourself on the ground, while Mirio managed to catch himself and lean on the wall for support. The corridor swayed in front of your eyes and even though you tried, you couldn't manage to move, since you didn't know which direction was which. Your legs didn't seem to obey you.

A mocking laughter came from above, before you felt a few droplets of some sort of liquid on your skin.

"Are you drunk?" the guy on the ceiling asked, and from the bottle he was holding and the smell of the beverage you figured it was alcohol. You frowned, feeling the liquid seep through your costume.

You tried to jump away when you heard the gunshots, and something wooshed by your ear. There was a stinging pain, only a little, but when you lifted your hand to the side of your face, your fingers came away bloody. The bullet grazed your ear.

A person that was similar to the one holding Eri stood there now, the gun still raised in his hand.

"What's your quirk?" the question seemed to vibrate through the air as it traveled to you.

After Mirio explained his quirk, he asked it again, this time looking at you directly. You pursed your lips as you tried to resist, but there was no use.

"Eclipse. I can manipulate light and shadows any way I like."

You squinted at your opponents, who also seemed to have that strange calmness that surrounded their boss. Chisaki was so far down the corridor you couldn't even see them anymore, but in this state, there was no way you could shadow travel. You already started to feel the repercussions of the use of your quirk. Which is why you had to deal with this as quick as possible.

"Mirio."

The blonde glanced at you with a questioning expression.

"I know I can't attack since I don't have my license but...this is an emergency situation, isn't it? One where our actions count as self defense, since our lives are threatened."

"Y/n, you still can't use your quirk to restrain or attack them." Mirio scoffed, but seeing your smirk he took a deep breath in.

"No, but I can support you to do so."

Before the guy could shoot again, you flicked your wrist and with that movement the little mirrors that settled around your wrist turned outwards. Hatsume did a great job when making this tool and now you used it with confidence, directing the light at the member with the gun in his hand so that he would miss.

In the temporary distraction, you eyed the guy up who hung from the ceiling.

It was probably his quirk that made you feel this disoriented. How lucky, that yours didn't require you to move.

The ceiling this guy was on was a big space where the pipes ran, that was what he was holding on to too. There were plenty of shadows in the spots left free. You pulled on some of them, not as accurately as you usually would but it was good enough.

He fell to the ground, the shock of the fall enough to ease the effects of his power. Mirio moved instantly.

He jumped from wall to wall, using the unbalanced state of his to gain speed and confuse the two guys. He punched the drunk one first, then the one with the gun. You had to admit, at that moment, he was pretty cool.

He was still clearly feeling weird from the quirk, barely able to move properly and yet, he was able to knock these two unconscious.

In a second, he was behind Chisaki, his punch reaching the man, even if he tried to lean away from it.