Chapter 6

Sorry about being late, work absolutely consumed my life. I am not sure if i can upload Chapter 7 tonight, but it will go up tomorrow, we're getting back to normal schedule don't worry.

Thank you for all the support so far, I appreciate it :)

***

They say the villains of this world are born evil. You heard it from adults, you heard it from kids all your life. You never understood why they would say that.

You remembered you asked your father about it once; if he was evil. If you were.

"No. People only just view one side of the story. The one most convenient to them." he answered with his back to you.

In reality it was all about perspective.

You were very young when you learned that the world was cold. Like the shadows you summoned, numbing and dark.

People hated you for who you were but feared you for the same reason. That's why you never had any friends.

Nobody wanted to be close to the daughter of a powerful villain.

Not that you minded too much.

Your father was your friend, even if he was away a lot. But whenever he would come home, his dark, long overcoat swishing after him, he would scoop you up in his arms with a smile on his face that was only reserved for you. His skin was cold, so cold, but his eyes were warm.

On those days he would tell you stories, make little shadow figures and make them dance on your blanket as if the characters were right in front of you. When you tried to touch one your finger slipped right through it, silky coldness caressing your skin.

You weren't afraid of the dark like the other kids. That and coldness gave you comfort on the days you spent alone, because it reminded you of your father.

You thought you didn't need others. You thought you didn't need friends. Until Ryuu.

When Ryuu was with you, he was allowed to come near you without a bodyguard.

He could play with you because he was not a real threat, his family working for your father sealed your safety.

The two of you could be in a room just with each other without any interruptions. He understood the weight of this situation and you discovered a different aspect of life.

Ryuu was warm. His skin, his hands, his breath, his smiles, all of it.

You ran your fingers along his collarbones, the curve of his shoulder, the spine running in his back. The coldness of your own quirk made your fingers numb, and you had to remind yourself that he was really there, he wasn't just a creation of your father.

He let you, silently, amused. He was always amused by you.

"I thought your touch would be burning. Like fire." he said one day, as you ran your hands through his hair.

"Why?" you were confused.

"Because that's what the other kids told me." he said, not even thinking about it. Children have no filter. They say whatever is on their mind, but that doesn't mean that it will hurt less.

You pulled your hand away as if you were scared you would actually burn him. But he continued.

"They were wrong though."

"Why?" you asked again.

He reached for your hand this time, his fingers brushing the line of your palm.