Knight in shining armor

Jennifer was talking to herself driving home,

got the news like a bucket of cold water, ......

-Knight in shining armor, knight in shining armor, tall, handsome, nice, ...oh Kate he was your knight in shining armor wasn't he, he was your secret prince wasn't he.

When she got home she ran to her bedroom, on the very top shelf of her walk in closet, got out a pretty white box with painted pink flowers, she took the box, opened it, she hadn't opened it since Kate died, she looked at the things inside, it's all so clear now, it was just memories of Kate a year ago....now....now it had a story, she looked at all the things, church newspaper clippings with photos or articles that father John was present, there were 2 photos that she printed one in a vacation spot, you could see father John with other people, you could just see him if you were looking for him, and another photo a selfie at her home of her and Caterina you could see that someone was sitting beside her just a part came through the photo, obvious now it was father John, Kate made sure that it wasn't noticeable, and other small things just special to Kate, a wine cork, parking stubs, theater stubs, zoo tickets stubs, airport stubs, a couple of birthday cards, the box wasn't big, but it was filled only with her memories of John.

Jenifer was sitting at her bed looking at that treasure of memories, started crying she was happy for Kate she had someone, but she couldn't tell anyone, but she had someone.

Jennifer looked at Caterina that was sitting at her bed, Jenifer got up she just knew that Kate would want Father John to have Caterina to keep him company.

-come girl, we love you so much, but there is someone that needs you very much right now.

She got Caterina's things and put her in her carrier, took Kate's white-pink box with her.

She drove straight to Father Johns Church, the office closed at 6pm so there was still time.

Jenifer entered the reception area with her large handbag over her shoulder, and in one hand a very large plastic bag with Caterina's things and in another hand, she had Catarina in her carrier.

-good afternoon may I help you?

-good afternoon, yes may I speak with Father John Harris, please?

-do you have an appointment?

-no, reverend mother Mary Elizabeth called me earlier today, I'm suppose, to give him some things

-may I have your name please?

-Jenifer Reeves, he will know me by Kate's sister.

the receptionist, called Father John and told him that Jenifer Reeves, Kate's sister was in the reception area

John came out right away, Jenifer didn't recognize him, he looked so old nothing like the priest she remembered

-Jenifer?

-yes

-come in please

Jenifer stepped into his office

-please sit down,

a meow was heard when she put Caterina's carrier on the floor

-hi Caterina, he smiled

Jenifer smiled because he recognized Caterina,

- thankyou father, reverend mother Mary Elizabeth called me earlier today that you didn't have a photo of Kate, I brought you some things that you might enjoy of her, we both had the same photos, these were hers.

she handed him a small photo album of Kate and her when they were little kids.

-thank you, John smiled

She opened her handbag and handed him a white box with painted pink flowers

-thank you so much for seeing me father, I have to leave I ran out the door I wanted to find your office open and bring you the photos before you closed...do you wish to take care of Caterina?

-yes, please, I would love to

He smiled from ear to ear, and was holding back tears,

thank you so much were old friends, Caterina and I,

Jenifer pointed at the large bag on the floor

-here's some of her food, litter box and kitty litter, and her blanket

they both stood up, and Jennifer took a breath, holding back tears

thank you again for seeing me Father, she gave him a hug, for a second thought that she was hugging the man that loved her sister as much as she did.

-thank you, Jenifer,

With that hug that lasted 3 seconds they both knew.

Like Kate, Jenifer never told a soul, about the love that her sister and John shared.