Felix sighed, head leaning back with a huff and a pout, and Chris smiled fondly at him.

"Can't I just stay with you guys forever?" He asked, blinking cutely at his hyung.

"No big baby, you'll eventually have to marry someone who will love and protect you from the madness out there somewhere in this world"

"You and dad can protect me, you're both Strong Alphas"

"Of course we can, even papa is a tough fox omega, he can kick anyone's ass that dares to mess with his baby boy– but there's one thing we can't give you, which only a potential mate could."

"What's that?" Felix asked curiously, his blue eyes slightly wide.

"Children, don't you want to have your own pups? To feel safe in your husband's arms?"

Felix couldn't help the smile that curved his lips, at the mentioned of pups. He love babies, they're the cutest thing on earth. Maybe it was due to his instincts as an Omega to feel that way, but he believed even if he was an alpha or a beta he would still feel the same toward those beautiful delicate creatures. "Yes I would love that very much" he nodded.

Chris smiled."That's what am talking about, –" 

A gun shot echoed through the house cutting Chris mid-sentence. Felix instantly looked at his brother, a shiver running down his spine.

He was about to stand up and head for the door when Chris held his wrist shaking his head in the process. "No, stay here!" He said pulling his brother toward the closet. Chris pushed him inside and made sure he was well hidden before closing it and walked out of the room.

His hands were sweaty, his body shaking, Felix flinched upon hearing another gun shot. He wanted to stay hidden like his brother had told him to, however he couldn't do that when his family were out there in possible danger, with God knows who?

Ignoring his brother's warning, Felix slowly stepped out of the closet. His ears picked up shuffles from outside his room and his father's voice asking his brother to take Felix and make a run for it.

As he opened the door, Felix's breath got caught up in his throat at the sight of his omega father's body laying motionless on the floor. He screamed and that caught his Dad's attention. His Dad sharply turned to look at him, a hand clutching his own bloodied stomach. 

"F-felix run" his Dad mumbled with as much strength as he could muster, while taking a wobbling step forward as though to shield him. He had been shot, Felix could tell that much from the amount of blood gushing out. It was a lethal injury even for a strong wolf like his Dad. But before his father could reach him, the alpha fell on the floor and instantly stilled, his wide eyes on Felix as though unwilling to leave his son.

He's dead. Both his fathers were dead. Killed in cold blood.

The man who shot his parents made for Felix with a crazed look in his eyes. But Chris was quick to hold the killer back. 

"Go back inside!" Chris snapped, hands still wrestling the man. Chris was strong enough to take him down and he was able to snatch the gun from the man's hand."Run Felix, go hide. please" his brother said, tone desperate, unlike anything Felix had ever heard from him.

"You're an abomination to the society, all of you deserve to die. Mix-breed like you are going to bring calamity to all of us– foxes shouldn't exist in the outside world, go back to your realm you leeches." the man roared, reaching for something inside one of his socks. 

Felix had froze, probably due to shock or fear. All he knew he couldn't make his legs move even though he wanted so bad to go hide back inside his closet. His feet remained rooted, until the man tackled Chris down and brought out another gun that was hidden Inside his socks. He aimed at Felix with precision, but once again before he could pull the trigger, Chris was fast to pull his own trigger, shooting the man right in the head and the man fell to the floor with a thud.

Felix's knees buckled and he dropped on his knees. Heavily panting, Chris instantly reached out, holding him in an embrace as Felix cried out. "Pa–" he choked. "Dad!" He called out, voice laced with grief and sorrow, feeling like his heart was being ripped out. "They're dead, they're both dead" he screamed, clutching on to his brother tightly. This was wrong, all wrong. His parents were supposed to be here for him, watch over him and protect him, until the moment he found a person to mate with.

Chris tightened his hold on his brother's body, his own tears running freely. "I am here for you, I will protect you Felix, you're my only family now" the Alpha cried even louder. "I am sorry I wasn't able to to protect our parents–" 

"I–" Felix began, pulling from his brother, before he crawled to where his dad's corpse lay."Dad!" He called, pressing a hand on his father's chest. It felt surreal, like Felix would be shaken awake and find that everything had been a nightmare. "Please wake up, please don't leave us" He sobbed over his father's body for a while before moving to his omega father. Trying and failing to get a response. It was when Chris joined him, that he realized this wasn't some dream that he could escape from. This was reality, his and Chris' new reality. Holding onto one another the two brothers cried their hearts out.

They weren't allowed to mourn their parents. It happened so fast, the police came in matter of minutes, and took his brother away even when Chris told them it was in self defense but no one listened. Felix tried to explain too. They were the victims, his brother did what he had to do to save and protect him. But they weren't willing, no one listened just because they're hybrids– just because they're related to a fox and just like that Felix was left alone and helpless to fend for himself–

The dinging sound brought him out of his thoughts, he had to blink a few times to remember where he was. He was quick to recollect himself and stepped out of the elevator. He was here to pleasure a client, he reminded himself as he stopped right in front of room 905 before knocking on the door softly.