Guard Down

Alara

When Cameron said 'let's go kill some time' this wasn't what I had been expecting, though it could be worse. I was currently sat in the massive training area located at the heart of the base watching as Leo and Cam threw punches at one another and me and Mel were just here to watch the show.

Both men had gruff antagonising glares imposed on their faces as though they weren't as close as brothers. I'm sure they took the phrase 'leave it all outside the ring' to a whole new level.

"I quite enjoy watching them try and battle out who's more masculine," there was purr in Mel's voice of light sarcasm with a hint of truth.

"Oh really, so who are you betting on," I leaned forward to grab some of the de shelled pistachios Mel happened to have on her, plopping a few in my mouth as I waited for her answer.

She stared at me intently with an eyebrow raised, "Well I know exactly who you think is more masculine," and she winked at me causing me to blush furiously and tilt my head away trying to hide the very real embarrassment on my face.

"Now that's the first time you've taken your eyes off of him," she swatted my shoulder playfully pushing me as she almost cackled with laughter.

After what felt like an eternity of laughter she stopped and hummed, "Well now didn't things just get a lot more interesting,"

My eyes flickered upwards to see what she was referring to and I was completely and utterly unprepared for what I saw, "Oh Lord,"

There he was Cameron Grayson in all his glory partly lifting his shirt up to exposed tanned and toned skin just to wipe the perspiration lining his face, I was not prepared to see what could only be described as perfectly carved abs.

I was as red as a tomato and what didn't help was Cameron catching me watching, his eyes locked with mine and his lips curved into a smirk, a glimmer of mischief in the forest of his eyes, I diverting my gaze biting my lip and praying that my blush would subside.

What I didn't expect to happen next was the hear the definitive connection of a fist meeting skin, having been too distracted by me and being a distraction himself, Cameron had lowered his guard allowing Leo to plant a finishing blow.

"YESSS!" Mel leaped from her seat almost fist-bumping the air as her purple streaked bounced as she jumped , "You show him Leo!" Leo turned and gave her a dazzling smile that would make any girl melt, scratch that any girl or guy melt.

Mel sprinted off to her boyfriend pulling him into a tight hug before breaking free and turning her head back towards me, "Now that's my man,"

I laughed lightly as I made my way over to the three, "Take that Grayson," Mel taunted punching him squarely in the chest whilst celebrating with Leo.

"Yh, yh Melanie, " she scowled at the use of her full name, "Leo has Alara to thank for that win, otherwise he would already be eating rubber,"

Leo nodded towards me, grinning from ear to ear, "Thanks Alara, I owe you one,"

Cameron wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest and resting his chin on my head before whispering, "And you're supposed to be my fiancé, your supposed to be on my side,"

"Maybe you needed to be taken down a peg or two, I mean like you said, expect the unexpected,"

He led out a deep rumble of a laugh before leaning down so I could feel his warm breath on the shell of my ear, "And I didn't expect you to be staring at my abs,"

I involuntarily shivered before pulling out of his grasp turning so I was now facing him, "I've seen better," it was a lie but my pride would do anything to remain restored.

He leaned forward until his forehead was resting on mine, "Lying doesn't look good on you, darling,"

I gulped slightly my mouth going dry as I thought of what to say in response, "Come on love birds," Mel pried us apart.

"I think its us girls turn to show you how its really done," she pulled me aside gesturing for me to wrap my hands in the protective leather for when we were fighting.

"Was just about to ask if we could see a cat fight," Leo joked earning a glare from his girlfriend.

"Oh babe, if all you're expecting is a cat fight you don't know me at all," there was confident gleam in her eyes, a sly sharp smile, that was redder than blood. 

"Should I be scared," I softly whispered to Cameron eliciting another chuckle from him.

Then in a dead serious voice he spoke, "Very. She's vicious, in the ring you are no longer her friend so don't let your guard down,"

"Like you," I quipped and before he could respond I was sprinting off to spar with Mel.