Flower Crowns

Cameron

"Are you sure about that Grayson? " the deep sound of that voice was unmistakable and sure enough when I turn around I was met with the dark glare of the one and only Theo Mortello. 

"Absolutely, you would look wonderful in a flower crown," I smirked at his scowl it was quite a fun task winding Theo up.

Alara giggled softly at the encounter ,"Now all I can imagine is you in a flower crown," she fell into more peals of laughter. 

The daggers Theo were shooting me would have killed me had they been physical instead of metaphorical, "Now look what you've done." he grumbled the words out with a flare of contempt in his deep brown eyes, directly towards me. 

He crossed his arms over his chest, his stance immediately offensive, "And when were you planning on telling me that my sister had been kidnapped again?"

"Theo -" Alara began but was immediately cut off. 

"Alara, this is a problem I have with Cameron, I'm glad you are ok but this can't be left unsaid,"

She pressed her lips firmly together and nodded slightly in acknowledgement. Soon after pulling her bottom lip in by her teeth, nervously chewing. 

"Theo, I had it under control," I attempted to explain. 

"Oh really?" he raised his brow in a questioning look, "How does letting my sister go missing for another time having everything under control? You have nothing under control."

"She's safe now isn't she?" I bit out slight irritation raising itself in my tone. But I knew I needed to keep my cool. 

"You better make sure this never happens again, and if it does, I am the first person you call, understand?"

I wanted to argue more but catching a glance at Alara's anxious stance told me to stand down, "I understand."

He gave a grunt in response and I knew that was all I would get as a notion of approval. 

Mel decided to lighten the mood, "Hey Theo, nice to finally meet you, but if you are going to be the flower girl can I make you a flower crown," she was barely able to get the sentence out before she devolved into laughter. 

Theo gave her a disapproving look, "No." his monosyllabic response was very much like him. 

Mel didn't let that disheartened her, "I'll take that as a maybe,"

"N-" Alara stopped her brother by wrapping him in a hug. 

"Come on Theo, live a little, I think you would look great in a flower crown," she laughed airily at her own comment the soft melody floating through the air. 

Theo grumbled in response but didn't say anything probably wanting to allow Alara this moment of much needed happiness. He was always a brother first, never letting his sister come to harms way.

He hugged her back and held her tightly for a moment longer than she had expected but she leaned into the hug further allowing him to hold her close. It seemed that he never wanted to let her go. 

"So the wedding's being moved up," I interjected.

"It is?"

"Yeah, in two weeks," I confirmed. 

"Are you ok with this?" he immediately turned to Alara it being clear that her thoughts were the only thing that mattered to him. 

"It's going to happen eventually so yeah, I'm ok with it. As long as I still am able to pick out the dress," she replied. 

"The dress is the only thing you're looking forward too, I can't say I'm not offended, sweetheart," she blushed at the comment averting her gaze and pulling on her lip once more. 

"No- I well-" she stammered a little, wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I'm just kidding, Darling, I know you're most looking forward to seeing me on the wedding day," I gave her a smirk that she rolled her eyes at. 

"Keep dreaming Grayson."

"About you?" I grinned, "Always."

Theo didn't seem to like my comments, he deliberately stood between us two almost shoving me out of the way, "That's enough of that, save that for when I'm not around."

This only caused Alara's blush to deepen, she tried to hide her face behind the thick veil of her hair as she glanced downwards, she ground the tip of her shoe into the ground, the action causing her leg to bend daintily at her knees and just added to the adorability of her. 

Theo caught the look in Alara's eyes and decided to change the subject, "So how are you going to plan a wedding in only 2 weeks, this is a significant union in the gang world, there will be a lot of attention on it."

"I haven't really thought much about the logistics of it," I admitted KI had been too focused on trying to keep Alara safe. 

"I guess we're going to have to get to planning then," Alara chimed in, finally raising her eyes from the floor and slipping back into her more confident persona. 

"That reminds me," Theo added, "Alara, father wants to talk to you," at the mention of her father Alara visibly stilled, her jaw locked as she pressed her lips together. The reaction was peculiar to me, Alara always seemed like a person who valued family above all else so what would warrant such a reaction to the mention of her father. The only thing that came to mind was that there were still tensions between them because of how he had basically forced her into this marriage. But I hoped beyond anything that she didn't feel trapped that this was what she wanted. It would be hard for me to admit to anyone but I wanted her to marry me of her own free will, because she had chosen to not because she was forced to. 

"I've been needing to talk to him anyways," her response was cryptic not revealing anything much to an outside listener. 

"He said to meet him at dinner, me and Ma are going to be out to help with some of the wedding planning," he seemed less than thrilled about this, if I knew anything about Theo Mortello it was that he didn't really enjoy the domesticity of life. He would much rather be stimulated by action on the field, "He wanted it to just be the two of you, I'm guessing you have a lot to say to him."

Something flashed in her eyes as she spoke, "Oh don't you know it."