bridges burned

As soon as I pulled up to the lake, I relaxed, looking at the familiar bright green water, splashing on the white sand shore. The house was the same, a wooden cottage with my favorite wrap around porch holding rocking chairs that face the huge lake. Jack and I would always lay in the front lawn with a blanket, star gazing and talking about the futures I thought we would hold together. I turned to the dock hoping to see the broken wood from all the summers my friends and I spent running down and jumping off but instead I saw a face I knew way too well. He turned around in his grey hoodie and I spotted a girl next to him. I shook my head and walked away. I can't believe he brought here to OUR special place.

"Emily! Wait!" I heard him yell. I sighed.

"What do you want Jack? I have to go." I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Are you really that mad at me, grow up."

I didn't even know what to say. I scoffed and walked back to my car and saw sammy pull up. I got into his car and we started driving.

Sammy broke the silence "Ems, what did he say?" I looked out the window and sighed.

"He told me to grow up." I played with my hands.

"That fuckup. I'm so sorry ems. I don't know what to say."

I sighed and turned on the radio. After a few minutes of quiet I spoke up. "Why did he bring her to our place?" I looked down.

"Wait she's here?" Sammy stopped at the light and looked at me as a nodded. "Babes don't listen to him, we'll keep both of them away, promise." I nodded again and he kept driving. "Johnson will be over soon with Mallory, we're going to watch some movies, sound alright?" I sighed.

"Sure Sam" I didn't want to keep being a downer. "I'll cook us all dinner okay?" he smiled.

"That's my girl." I smiled at him and turned on the radio.

As soon as we got to the house Mallory and Jack ran down from the porch to the front lawn to greet us.

"You had us worried sick!" Mallory screamed. I just looked down. Jack embraced me in a hug.

"We love you Glazer, you know that." Jack said and I smiled.

"I love you too Johnson. Why don't we invite the whole crew over and we can do a cookout or something?" "I might as well pretend I'm doing okay right?" Mallory nodded.

"I'll give them a call." she said. I smiled.

"Sammy why don't you and I run to the store and get some burgers and hot dogs and stuff?" I said. he agreed and we left.

As soon as we pulled back into my comforting driveway. There were three people I did not want to see at all. I turned towards Sammy who looked furious.