missed calls, ignored texts

As I was driving my phone wouldn't stop going off. I stopped at a red light and checked it

Sammy boy 🔥 missed calls (64)

Sammy boy 🔥 iMessage (36)

Baby Daquan 👶🏼 missed calls (10)

Baby Daquan 👶🏼 iMessage (12)

Gilinsk 💞☀️ missed calls (45)

Gilinsk 💞☀️ iMessage (125)

Laine 🌸 iMessage (24)

I decided I didn't want to talk to anyone except Sammy. So, I dialed his number.

"Oh my God Emily fucking Glazer where are you?" He yelled. I simply shrugged, forgetting that he couldn't see me. I sniffled. "Ems are you okay?" His voice softened.

"You knew didn't you?" I said. I heard him sigh from across the phone.

"Yes baby girl, I knew. He wanted to tell you himself" he started. I pulled over onto the side of the road and listened. "He found out as soon as he got back to California. He called Johnson and I and asked for advice. We told him to tell you. We thought he would've done it before the media got ahold of the story. Dammit, I knew Madison would do this. I know she thinks you're a threat." I started to cry.

"I'm the threat? But she's the one that fucked ugh never mind. At least I don't have to see him anymore." I was done with him.

"Ems are you okay?" Sammy asked. I sighed loudly.

"Samuel Howard Wilkinson, you know me well enough to know that I am not okay." I played with my necklace, the one Jack gave me freshman year. "Have you heard from him?"

"He's called about 30 times. He just wants to know if you're okay."

"Well, he should know that answer." I sighed.

"That's what I said" I half-smiled.

"I'll see you in a little while Sammy. I think I'm going to go to the lake. You can come if you want." I hung up the phone and started to drive to our favorite place as kids.