Theres no place like omaha

Part of me wishes they became famous after we all graduated Westside. Don't get me wrong I'm insanely proud of them and they are extremely talented. But I miss high school with them. Freshman and sophomore year were great. No cares, all friends, parties and it all made classes bearable. Nothing beats those drunken Saturday nights in Kiger's basement. None the less, they are famous and still growing. Jack Gilinsky is still my best friend. Always has been always will be. But, I wish he was here more. He used to be there through everything, my first heartbreak, my first drink, my first time sneaking out and so much more. Now he's God knows where doing what he loves. He started leaving a lot during junior year. We planned to go to college together, "Jack and Emily conquering the world". Of course we don't all get "happy ever after's" in this world. He's dated plenty of my friends and I've dated my share of his. bleh bleh bleh. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a small town like Omaha. I have four best girlfriends, Mallory Thompson, Leigh Lindquist, Chelsea Kavich and the one and only Lanie Swift; aka the fantastic five. They've helped me cope with the absence of Jack.

He left you, Emily and he hasn't come back. That's All I could tell myself for the first month.

Flashback.

"Em," He whispered, obviously trying to be the man and not cry. I just lifted my head off of him chest and looked at him. "It won't be that long I promse."

"J-j-jack, you're leaving for weeks, maybe even months. That's pretty long." I started to cry harder as he holds on to me tighter.

"Emily Glazer, I'll be home in no time. I will be back for my best friend. You have helped me get to this point. I Love You Emily. "

"I love you to Jack don't forget to text and call and facetime. I'll miss your dorky face." I faked a laugh. as I watched him walk towards the plane.

End Flashback

It's now been 5 months since I have seen my best friend and I'd do anything to see him again.