Love Again?

I collapsed onto my pillow and wished the conversation that was about to happen, never would happen. 

"Em?" Jack G. whispered from the doorway. Why couldn't he have been downstairs with Sam, Mall, and Lanie. Dammit. He was never supposed to find out how I felt about him.

"H-h-oww much-h did you-u hea-r-r?" I stuttered out into my pillow. 

"Emily, you love me? like really love me?" He came over and sat down on my bed next to me and stroked my hair like he used to all the time whenever I had my heartbroken or had a bad day. My tears slowly stopped and I whipped my eyes and laid my head in his lap.

"I'm sorry, Jack. But, yes. I've been in love with you since we sat on this same bed, freshman year after Brock dumped me the day after my first time. You came over and cooked me breakfast, watched chick flicks and took care of me the whole day, never leaving my side." I signed and looked into his beautiful eyes that were now glazed over with tears.

"Emily Glazer, I fell in love with you the first day of Freshman year. Jack and Sam used to have to hit me to keep me from blabbing on about you when I was drunk. Dating all those other girls never made me feel half as happy as you make me. Not talking to you these past five months have been hell cause not only did I lose my best friend, I love the women I love." we were both crying at this point. 

"So what now?" I knew it had to be asked and that we were both thinking it. I reached up and whiped a tear from his cheek as he began to speak.

"Emily Glazer, will you be my girlfriend, I know I may not be home all the time, but I promise to love you forever and come home as much as I possibly can." He returned the favor and whiped the tears from my cheeks as well.

"Yes. Jack. I would love to." I smiled. Even though I'm not sure how this is all going to work. I am going to fight for him. 

"Let's go downstairs and get something to eat, you must be starving, love." He smiled at me and grabbed my hand. I nod and we head downstairs. 

As we ascended down, all eyes were on us, Sammy, then Lanie, then Mallory and then JJ. I smiled at them and Jack decided to break the silence. 

"She's my girl, guys. I'm finally dating my best friend." I gave him a kiss on the cheek earning "awws" from Lanie and Mallory and "ooos" from Sammy and JJ. I giggled and went to the kitchen to grab something to eat. 

"Mall! Lane! do you guys wanna make Strawberry Lemonade Sparklers and go swimming in my indoor pool?" They both screamed YESS at the same time. 

"WHAT ABOUT US BABE" Jack shouted from the living room.

"Babe, we do have a game room with all your favorites." I rolled my eyes. 

"But I wanna be with youuuuuu" He whined. God he is the same old Jack. 

"So three regular lemonades? Y'all have bathing suits? Meet us in the pool." I yelled back to Jack. As soon as we heard them go down the stairs we all started gossiping and cutting up some fruit to take down with us.

We learned that Mallory and Jack J. were planning on doing it later on tonight because they haven't seen each other in so long. Lanie and Sam were still hooking up, but Sam wasn't ready for a committed relationship. And I told the girls that Jack and I are giving it a go. 

"OMG you guys have been my OTP since 4th grade!!!" Mallory screamed, I'm pretty sure the boys could hear from all the way downstairs. 

"Zaaayum girl when's the wedding, Mrs. Gilinsky?" Lanie Joked. "We all know you guys are going to end up together. Who knew Jack would have waited this long."

I giggled. But secretly I wondered why he did wait this long. I just Ignored it and carried mine and Jack's drinks downstairs along with a basket of fruit. I wanted to enjoy having him home.