Life and death

Your POV||

Your eyes blinked open. You were feeling weak but your eyes met a pair of familiar green eyes that were full of concern. Luca smiled at you and a tear rolled down your cheek. "L-Luca," you whispered with a weak voice and a smile. He brought his forehead to yours. He looked at you and you saw a single tear fall from his eyes.

You brought your hand to his cheek and wiped the tear away. "I thought I was going to lose you," he whispered. A weak smile appeared on your face and you brought his face closer to yours so you could kiss him. "I knew you wouldn't let it hap-," you were interrupted by a loud bang. Luca examined you and you looked at him confused. A few moments later you heard sirens and a loud thud.

In the corner of your eye you saw a bright red dress spread on the floor. When Luca turned to see what happened his face dropped. When you recognised who it was you felt your heart drop for him. "Vanessa," you whispered before Luca sat you up and made his way to her.

"H-he...was g-going to kill...kill you," she said weakly. The men were scattering in the background as the police arrived. "Y-you two are made...for...each..other," she said losing a lot of blood quickly. She gasped for air; the life was draining from her. "She made you happy," she said as the life she had left disappeared. Vanessa sacrificed herself for you and Luca.

He hugged her and Maria and Aliza started crying. Domanico held Aliza as she sobbed in his arms. Giovanni comforted Maria as she stared at her body with tears in her eyes. Luca laid her down and the medics took her body. Luca made his way back to me and helped me up. "Give her the best medical care you have," he said helping me into the van.

The next day you woke up in a white room filled with bright lights. You blinked a few times so your eyes could adjust and you saw Luca sleeping in a chair by your bedside. You watched him sleep. He has been through so much. He has done so much for you. He made sure that only the best doctors were handling you.

You had bruised ribs which was the reason you were having trouble breathing. You had a deep cut in your arm and bruising on your neck, arm, thighs and wrist. Your body was also aching at first but now the pain has just about left your body. You were feeling a lot better than you were a week ago.

"Hey baby," he said smiling at you. You snapped out of your thoughts and turned to him. You smiled and took his hand. "Hey," you said warmly. "You should go home. You've been here for a week," you said rubbing your thumb over his knuckles. He yawned and shook his head. "I'm not leaving your side," he said putting his other hand over your hand.

You looked longingly into his eyes and he rose from his seat and kissed you. His lips intertwined with yours and your tongues swirled, dancing slowly with each other. The heat monitor beeped a bit faster and the kiss became more aggressively passionate.

He positioned himself on top of you making sure to be gentle as you were still healing. "Luca we're in the hospital," you said pulling away. "I don't care," he said with an irritated groan before kissing your neck. "Ms. Hart-..." The doctor paused and stopped dead in his track. Luca groaned annoyed and rolled his eyes as he eased himself off of you.

The doctor cleared his throat and looked down at his board. "Ms. Hart. You have been responding well to the treatment and you will be discharged tomorrow morning," he said before walking out awkwardly. You turned to Luca and giggled. "I missed that," he said with his heavenly smile on his face.

A few moments later you saw the hallway get busy outside your room. Doctors were rushing and moving up and down. You then saw your father speed past your room and your heart dropped. You sat up, attempting to get out of your bed. "Hey where are you going. Take it easy," Luca said putting his hand on your back.

"Luca I just saw my father pass. Something is happening," you said worriedly. Luca helped you up and you made your way out of the room. You saw your dad standing at the end of the hall way with his arms crossed looking straight ahead. A doctor rushed passed and you pulled his arm. "What's going on?" you asked.

"A patient with organ failure was just brought in," the doctor said before walking away. Your heart dropped. You knew they were talking about your mother. Not now. You and Luca walked faster and you reached the glass window your father was standing in front of. You saw your mother lying on a bed and doctors trying to start her heart again.

"Mom?!" you said as tears filled your eyes. You squeezed Luca's hand as you heard no more beeps. You looked at your father wide eyed. He looked like the life was sucked out of him. You fell to your knees and screamed. You and your mother just fixed things and you lost her. You watched the life leave her right there and then.

The tears ran down your cheeks and Luca held you as you sobbed. This feeling was unreal. You didn't think you would be this broken when she died. She was your mother yes but you never imagined that it would hurt this much. This pain was officially the peak point of your break. There was no putting you back together.

The pit of loneliness turned into a black whole. You were convinced there was nothing left for you. You wished the pain you felt when your ribs were still badly bruised or the pain when the bald made contact with your skin and found itself in your meat, took over your body instead of this. You would happily switch.

Your body became numb and you couldn't feel anything other than pain. The pain of losing your mother was the only thing that consumed you.

A/n
Sorry for dumping all the deaths on you just like that all at once. I hope you don't hate me
If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a vote❤️