The words

Your insides still pulsate as Luca wraps his arms around you. You look at the ring on your finger and can't help but smile. You truly are finally happy. "I knew how much you loved purple so I knew I had to make it special. I got it customized," Luca said looking deep into your eyes. His green eyes were full of affection and love. No one has ever looked at you the way Luca has. The look in his eyes is what real love looks like.

"I can't wait to marry you Luca," you say as your eyes begin to tear up. Even though you know that you love him you haven't told him yet. You still haven't said the words. He says them to you so easily but you just can't get the words out of your mouth.

You can feel the love, you show the love and you can give it but you can't say it. You can't help but feel a bit pathetic. The man in front of you has done so much for you now. Why can't you do the same for him.

"What's wrong?" Your thoughts are interrupted by a deep monotone voice. You look to meet a pair of concerned green eyes. For a moment you almost forgot that you weren't alone.

"Oh. Nothing is wrong, why would there be anything wrong," you uttered. Luca examined your facial expression, the concerned look still in his eyes. "Amelia, your whole body says different. Your body is tense and you're nibbling on your lip. What's on your mind?"

Your body feels tight. You don't know how to tell him that you can't say I love you. You have never had any practice. You have never told anyone that you love them, not even your mother.

Your life has always been miserable. You never really knew what love was till you met Luca. Your mother sometimes showed you affection but she was never the mom you wanted her to be and your dad was never the dad you wanted him to be.

Your whole life you were basically despised by the man who was supposed to care and love you. He always showed how much he never really wanted you and it hurt so much. You were only 3 when you were sent to a boarding school. You returned when you were 14 and then went to a private high school.

You never had any real friends. People would wanna talk to you or associate with you because of your family name. When you were 16 your father had you go to another private high school in Washington which was 2 716,5 miles away from Seattle. The school specialized in mostly business but had a few practices in the other subjects.

You spent only a year in the school and then your father sent you to a university. You were only 17 and attended university for a period of 3 years. As soon as you knew everything about how to run a business your dad made you CEO of Harts.Corp.

You've been running the business for a year and a half now. Your life has been one whole crazy mess and you had never thought you were supposed to even live. You always thought that your life was a mistake but now knowing that happiness does indeed exist fills you with hope.

"Luca, I don't know how you do it. How are you able to love me?" you asked tears filling your eyes. Luca wipes a tear away from your face and makes you look at him. "How could I not. You're beautiful," he tucks a hair behind your ear as he speaks. "You're smart, compassionate and an amazing person despite what you have been through. I may not know everything about you yet but one thing that I do know is that you're the woman I love and want to spend my whole life with."

You feel a tear roll down your face and you sniffle. "You know I didn't think I would ever feel this way about you Luca. I honestly hated the fact that we were going to get married but now, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

Luca brought you closer to him and wraps his arms around you tight. "I love you Amelia." You kiss him in response. You knew you couldn't say it so you showed him instead. Your tongue danced with his passionately. You began to feel a warmth within you. You could really get used to this safe feeling.

The next day you woke up to the smell of waffles. The sun was shining through the curtains. You rolled out of the bed and wore Luca's shirt. You strolled to the kitchen and found Luca in the kitchen mixing more batter.

His back was to you and you just stared. His toned back muscles stared right back at you. His pants were loose and part of his Calvin briefs were showing.

You made your way to the other side of the counter and wrapped your arms around him from behind. "Morning," you said softly. "I hope you're hungry," Luca said putting the next set of waffle batter in the machine.

He turned around and looked down at you. Your stomach was instantly filled with butterflies. His gaze we sharp and warm. You bit your lower lip and watched as he smiled. He tucked a hair behind your ear and gazed longingly at you.

You looked back at him but saw a bit of tension in his eyes. You furrowed your eyebrows and he noticed what you saw. He cleared his throat and turned around. "We don't want to eat them cold," he said taking your plates to the dining table.

He was acting wired. He was fine last night. What's changed?