F O R T Y - F O U R

He Knows...
_________________________________

Y/n was not beside me when I woke up, though I did not think much of it. My suspicions were raised when she was not in the Great Hall, either. Though, Pansy was not either so I brushed any worry I had, away.

But then it came time for class. She was not in our first class, yet Pansy was.

"Where is Y/n?" Pansy asked me, her voice shaking which told me she was worried. I could tell she knew something, too.

"Why are you asking me?" I asked while raising my eyebrows at her.

"Because you are her boyfriend."

"Yeah, well, I know you saw her this morning."

"Wait, has she not talked to you yet?" Pansy asked quietly.

Now I was worried. "No... what's going on?"

Her cheeks turned red. "It definitely isn't my place to say. I am sure she is in your dorm, I know she wasn't feeling well so maybe she is sick."

I sighed an exasperated sigh and stood up. I ignored the professor calling my name to sit back down, but I made my way to Y/n's dorm.

The door slammed open as I pushed through, but I was greeted with annoyance after seeing she was not in there.

Not even in the bathroom.

I searched for a note or any sign of her disappearance. It was not until I looked at her nightstand, in which finally gave me a clue.

A positive pregnancy test sat on the top. My hand shook as I picked it up to make sure I was not seeing things.

Sure enough, it was positive. I stuck the test in my pocket and first made my way to the Hospital Wing, though she was not there.

She was not anywhere else I looked either. It was not until the classes got out when I found Pansy.

"Did you find her?" she asked eagerly as I pulled her into an empty corridor.

My hands shook as I took out the test to look at it once more.

"This is hers, yes?"

Pansy stayed silent before nodding. "Congrats?" she said in a nervous tone.

All I did was burst into tears. She was gone. She could be anywhere, but I can't even comfort her right now, and that's all I want.

I know she is feeling so much right now, and I want to be there for her because we should be going through this together.

"I'm sure she'll show up soon, Draco. Don't worry," she said as she pulled me in for a hug.

I didn't hug her back.

"She's not in the castle anymore. She's gone," I spat as I pushed by her and back to my dorm.

Does Y/n really not love me enough? Does she not trust me enough to tell me?

It breaks my heart if that's the case... she should know she can come to me about anything.

"I-I need to find her... please let me know if you see her," I said urgently before running back down the hall.

I barged into my dorm and started to shake. My hands gripped onto the edge of my desk as my breathing picked up.

I had no clue what to do. I couldn't just write to my parents because this is no way for them to find out.

Most importantly, I can't go to Y/n because she is the one missing.

I clenched my eyes shut as I lowered myself onto the ground.

Panic had entirely set in.

However, as soon as it set in, George Weasley suddenly appeared before me.

In all honesty, if I were younger, I would have been pissed that a Weaslebee was invading my room... however, Y/n speaks highly of the Twins, so I knew this had something to do with her.

"Where is she?" I asked eagerly.

He grabbed my hand and apparated suddenly. We stood in what looked like a storage room... and Y/n and Fred were in there.

I marched right up to her and pulled her into an embrace. She buried her face into my chest and cried softly as I ran my hands through her hair.

"Please don't be mad," she sobbed.

I pulled away from her and cupped her face whilst wiping the tears away from her cheeks with my thumbs.

"I'm not... I just wish you would have told me," I replied.

She sniffled and looked down. "How do you know?"

I reached into my pocket and pulled out the test. "You aren't the best at hiding things."

She laughed softly. "So you aren't mad?"

Heaven for bid... how could I be mad? Sure, this is not ideal, but to think I have a child on the way...

"It may not be ideal... but I cannot be happier knowing I have a child on the way, and with you," I said as I rested my forehead on hers. "But lovey, just know that you can tell me anything... please don't ever leave like this again."

She swallowed softly and shut her eyes. "I know. I'm so sorry, I just wasn't sure how you would react..."