T H R E E

Draco's Little Friend
____________________________________

I woke up late the next morning and quickly put on my uniform before hurrying to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

I made it with a few moments to spare except all the seats were taken...except the one by Malfoy. Just my luck.

I walked up to the table and went to pull out the chair but he slapped my hand away. "Go away, Pottah. I don't want to sit next to a Gryffindor," he said with a nasty sneer.

"And I don't want to sit next you, the boy who only cares about blood purity and  wealth," I shot back as I pulled out the chair.

As I sat down, I heard the scrape of a chair against the ground. I looked back to see Draco had pulled my chair out from behind me and I ended up stumbling backwards onto his lap.

"Really? You don't want me to sit next to you, but you want me to sit on you?"

He rolled his eyes. "Nah. You're just clumsy."

"You pulled my chair out from behind me."

"And you fell for me, again."

"There's a difference between onto you and for you," I said intelligently.

He mocked me and I shifted in his lap. I felt his breath hitch and then something poke me.

"Your little friend seems like he wants me," I said, trying my best to stop myself from laughing too hard (Like Draco).

"He does not and not a word about this to anyone!" he snapped as he shoved me off of his lap and onto the floor.

I scrambled into my chair and nearly fell backwards again when I came face-to-face with Umbridge who was standing beside our desk and glaring at me.

"Glad to see you finally found a proper place to sit besides Mr. Malfoy's lap," she chided.

I felt my cheeks turn red as the class laughed. Harry turned around and glared at me. "It was an accident, Professor."

She let out a high-pitched giggle. "Just don't do it again or you'll be joining me in detention."

She turned her back on me after I nodded and Draco let out a laugh. "Perfect Pottah not so perfect anymore," he teased.

"Please, your little friend loves me."

"He does not!" Draco cried as he adjusted himself. "And I told you not to mention that!" he whined.

"Sorry. I just think he finds me irresistible. Isn't that right buddy?" I said, my eyes angled down at his lap.

"Don't call him that. It makes him sound wimpy. And not that it's any of your business, but he is most definitely a lion!" he said defensively.

"So pressed, and for what?" I sniggered.

"I'm not, but I don't want you spreading rumors about my lion."

"A lion is just a big kitty," I said in a know-it-all tone.

"Okay smart ass, but your house mascot is literally a lion so I wouldn't start."

I went to speak but I was interrupted. "Mr. Potter!" Umbridge's voice snapped making me jump.

Draco snickered beside me and I glared at him.

"He is back. I won't sit here and let you deny that! People need to know!" Harry argued.

"Oh boy. Not this again," I mumbled as they continued to argue.

Ever since Cedric's death, Harry has been going on about You-Know-Who being back. I'm not saying I don't believe him, but Harry is beginning to sound insane with all his crazy theories.

"Enough!" she screeched. "You'll be joining me in detention tonight Mr. Potter. And Miss Potter, if you don't quit flirting with Mr. Malfoy, then you'll be joining your brother," she said in her sweet but fake tone.

"Yeah, stop flirting with me you half-blood," Draco jeered in a whisper.

"Tell your 'lion' to go back in its den and then I'll stop making fun of you."

"You think you're so funny, don't you?"

"A bit, yeah."

"Well I'll tell you what happens to gir-"

He was interrupted by Umbridge's high-pitched voice, "And that concludes today's lesson! Make sure to read the first chapter in your new books about defensive spells before next class!" Umbridge explained as people hustled out of the room

All Because of a Bet (Draco x Y/n) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें