T W E N T Y - S I X

"It's Sirius."
_________________________________

Time seemed to go by at a crawl as I took my O.W.L.S. alongside all the other fifth years. However, I knew what was bound to come.

Fred and George made a plan to leave Hogwarts. They claimed they had done all they needed to do. They even offered for me to come with them, but I would rather finish out my education.

But right on time, I heard the first blast. A knowing smile spread onto my face as I looked up at Umbridge. She wore a questioning look as her eyes glazed over the working students. Before we met eyes, I ducked down because she would likely suspect me for the explosion.

However, a second explosion came seconds later. Now, all the students were starting to wonder what was going on as many people looked around the room. Therefore, Umbridge decided to investigate. She pushed herself off of her throne, which sat in the front of the Great Hall. Her heels clicked across the stone floor, and she urged all of us to continue working as she walked by.

That did not last long though because everyone looked up curiously. A little ball of light was floating around her, and when she tried to snatch it from the air, it would dart away from her. We all giggled as we watched her run aimlessly about, but laughter broke out when the ball exploded in her face. She turned back to all of us with soot covering her skin.

"Y/n!" she jeered.

And before I could even respond, the doors to the Great Hall burst open. A ruckus was made as fireworks were going off right and left. Color filled the hall as we all jumped up from our seats. Many students threw their scrolls aside or up in the air while Umbridge bossed her squad members to catch the Weasley Twins, who had just flown in on their brooms.

More fireworks exploded, but it seemed as though the targets were Umbridge and her followers. Little balls of lights chased after her and the Inquisitorial Squad. I nearly fell over laughing as Draco ran by me, screaming his head off, because a little firework was chasing after him.

"You're in on this, aren't you?" asked Harry as he stopped beside me.

I glanced over at him and shrugged. "Suddenly talking to me?"

He rolled his eyes and we began to follow everyone else out of the hall since the Weasleys had flown out into the courtyard.

"It was for the best. I couldn't tell you what was going on while you were with Malfoy."

"Whatever."

He shook his head, and I ignored him by joining in with the cheering students. A big 'W' formed in the sky as the twins flew off into the distance.

Boy will I miss having them here at Hogwarts with me.

However, I found myself looking back to Harry, who had collapsed on the ground. I stooped down beside him because he is my twin brother after all.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He looked like his breath had been taken away as he glanced into my eyes. "It's Sirius."

That sentence alone was enough to set any sort of anger I have towards him aside.

"What do you mean?"