S I X T E E N

More
____________________________________

"So what did you gather?" asked Sirius the night after the ball.

Lupin, Tonks, and Kingsley all shared their information. I, on the other hand, debated sharing what I had learned from Draco. He hadn't necessarily confirmed his family's intentions, but he said enough to help me understand that they were likely not good.

"What about you, Little Potter?" asked Sirius.

I shrugged. "I overheard Narcissa saying they hosted the balls to keep the attention off of what's really going on behind the scenes."

I decided to not touch on my interaction with Draco because that would also likely lead to everyone finding out I was messing around with him.

Sirius nodded. "Okay, that's good to know. Is that all?" he asked with a knowing look.

I felt my cheeks heat up because he knew I had something else.

"No. That's it," I said quickly.

He raised an eyebrow at me but nodded. "Alright..."

-

And so, a few days later, I sat on the Hogwarts Express with Hermione, Harry, and Ron when Pansy knocked on the compartment door. I waved her in and she stuck her head inside.

"Y/n, can you come with me?" she asked.

I glanced at everyone else. They were all rolling their eyes at her because none of them like Pansy.

"Of course, what's up?" I questioned as I stood up to follow her.

She led me to a new compartment and stopped before opening the door. "It's Draco. He really wants to see you," she stated before sliding open the glass door.

I peered inside to see he was the only person in there. I went to turn back to Pansy, but it seemed that she was already gone.

"Take a seat," he said without removing his eyes from the snowy scene outside.

I sat across from him and he glanced at me for a second before averting his eyes right back to outside of the window.

"Are you just going to stare out of the window, or are you actually going to talk to me?" I asked dryly after a long, awkward, moment of silence.

He rolled his eyes, which landed on me. "I want you to stop spying on me."

"I wasn't spying on you," I said simply.

Draco sat up and rested his arms onto his knees. "Darling, I don't believe that for even a second."

"Alright. Well, I don't know how to stop something that I'm not doing."

He rolled his eyes once more before his face rested in a look of annoyance. "You know exactly what you do to me," he said as he pushed himself off his seat.

I watched as he closed the gap between us by stepping between my legs. I had to do literally everything to stop myself from falling for him right then and there because damn...

"You desire me," he stated knowingly while combing a hand through my hair.

The boy wasn't wrong, but I wasn't about to give him that satisfaction so easily.

"Is that true?" he questioned.

"No," I said, my tone hard.

He chuckled softly. "We'll see about that." His lips landed onto mine and I obviously kissed back because who wouldn't. I allowed him to wander my body with his hands, but that only fired me up more, making me desire him more and more.

As his hand traveled up my right thigh, I spread my legs apart. He laughed and pulled away from the kiss.

"See what I mean, you want me."

"Not you necessarily. Just anyone."

He scoffed and started to tease me by running a finger over the fabric of my undergarment.

"I'm not just anyone," he growled.

"I disagree. If you don't give me what I want, I have other people, Draco. You aren't the only one who can pull anyone you want," I responded with a smile.

"How is that true if I can't have you?"

My smile dropped and he smirked. "That's what I thought. I win."

I felt myself build up with annoyance. It wasn't his job to be a tease. It was mine. I was completely fuming as I watched him walk to the door of the compartment.

"My dorm tonight if you finally admit to wanting me," he stated before shutting the door behind him.