F O R T Y - T W O

Give it Some Time
_________________________________

"Darling, we need to get to class," Draco murmured as I laid in bed the day we were supposed to start classes.

I felt like absolute shit and was not getting up. No way was I attending class in such a condition.

"I'm not going," I mumbled.

"Why not?" he asked.

"I don't feel well," I said.

He sat down on the bed beside me and I rested my head on his lap.

"Do you want me to stay with you?" he asked as he combed his fingers through my hair.

I shook my head. "That's okay..."

"If you insist, I'll be checking on you any chance I get."

I took a deep breath in hopes of suppressing my nausea.

"I love you, Draco."

He pressed a gentle kiss to my head before gently moving me so he could stand up.

"I love you too, Y/n. You know where to find me if you need anything."

After making sure I was comfortable, he left the room.

The second the door shut, I leapt out of bed and bounded towards the toilet, just barely making it in time before throwing up.

"Shit," I mumbled as I sat back against the wall and took a deep breath.

That is the second day I have thrown up, in a row.

Being back here is definitely having its toll on me.

I buried my face in my hands and bit my lip to prevent tears from falling from my eyes because I was honestly so done. I don't know how I'll last the year here.

I stood up a while later and made my way back into the bed. I buried myself beneath the blankets and curled up in a ball.

I stayed there for what felt like hours, though I don't think it was anything more than an hour because Pansy walked into the room.

"Girl, what's wrong? Draco was all worried about you," she said as she sat down on the bed.

"Don't feel well," I mumbled while pushing the blankets back.

"Like throwing up sick or just cold sick?"

On que, I jumped from the bed and right back into the toilet, where I threw up again.

"Damn it," I mumbled as she held my hair back for me.

"Does Draco know about this?" she asked.

I shook my head and sat back. "No. You know how he is when someone even comes close to coughing on him."

Pansy laughed and helped me clean up before guiding me back to bed. "Good point. Do you want anything before I head back to class?"

"I'm okay... tell Draco not to worry though."

She smiled softly. "Alright. No promises though."

I laughed gently because I was at least feeling a little better. I imagine it was just a bug.

So later that night, Draco returned to me. I sat up out of bed to greet him.

"Did you brush your teeth?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Yes, Draco."

He leaned into me and I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pressed his lips to mine. The second we touched, I could feel him relax.

My poor boy.

"Stressful day?" I asked as I moved over in bed so he could lie beside me.

He nodded softly and wrapped his arms around my waist whilst burying his face into my hair.

"I love you, Draco, and I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but just know I am here for you if you want to."

"Thank you, darling. I love you, too."

And just like that, we sat in silence until he fell asleep. I played with his hair and let myself relax knowing that he was peacefully asleep. Within moments, I had dozed off... however I was soon awake as fast as I fell asleep.

The early morning light seeped through the window as I crawled over Draco and to the bathroom. He groaned in protest because I woke him, though he was the least of my worries.

Just in time, I reached the toilet and threw up. Again.

A very tired Draco rubbed my back until I had finished.

"Darling, you should go to Madam Pomfrey," he said.

I shook my head and wiped my mouth. "All she will do is make me stay in the infirmary."

"Well, you can't walk around school when you keep throwing up everywhere."

"It'll pass. This happened yesterday," I replied as I made my way back into my room so I could change into my robes.

There was no way I was missing another day of classes. If I was stuck going to school, I was at least going to embrace it and complete my education.

"Fine, but if you get sick, I am taking you straight to the Infirmary."

I nodded and let him press a gentle kiss to my head before finishing getting ready for the day.

After that, we made our way to the Great Hall for breakfast. No surprise and as expected, dirty looks and comments were received.

As usual, I also chose to ignore them because these people don't really understand what is going on.

"Feeling better, Y/n?" asked Blaise after I took a seat.

"So-so. It just seems to be a morning thing."

Theo, who sat diagonally across from me, spluttered on his drink and glanced up.

"You have morning sickness?" he asked.

Realizing what he was getting at, I rolled my eyes. Draco and I are safe.

"We are safe about it," Draco mumbled whilst giving Theo a look.

"No need to be so hostile. It was just a possibility," he mumbled.

And as we ate, I could not help but begin to feel more and more paranoid by Theo's words because now that I think back on it, I have not been able to place a recent period date.