E I G H T

A Tiny Dispute
_________________________________

"He was spying on me!" I cried to the Twins after we reached my dorm. "Sleeping with Malfoy was a bad move, but it was my choice, so why should he care?"

George sighed and pulled me in for a hug.

"Well, sleeping with someone is rather big," Fred mumbled. I imagine George gave him a dirt look because Fred then said, "but it was a mistake and he should understand that."

Except I wouldn't really say it was a mistake.

"Y/n, coming from someone who has a little sister, Harry is just being overprotective. I'm sure it's annoying, but it's a brotherly thing. He's doing it out of love," said George as he stroked my hair.

I rolled my eyes and sat up. "So the brotherly thing is to publicly humiliate your sister?"

Both Fred and George wore questionable looks, as if the obvious answer wasn't "no." Then again, I was talking to the Weasley Twins.

"Okay, I mean about her personal life," I clarified.

Almost immediately, they both shook their heads and said, "no, no, of course not."

"Exactly, see where I'm coming from?"

They both nodded and Fred pulled me into his arms. "I'm sure he has good intentions, even if he's bad at showing it."

I sighed just as the door to my dorm burst open. Hermione sprinted in, out of breath. "Y/n," she panted, "Harry and Malfoy are about to get into it."

I glanced at George and Fred before we all suddenly sprinted out of the room with Hermione.

I did not need this, again. Why does Harry feel the need to be involved in my personal life?

"Where are they?" I asked as we rushed onto the moving stairs.

"In the courtyard, by Malfoy's tree."

Moments later, we reached the courtyard which was flooded with students surrounding the tree that Draco unofficially owns.

"Move along, important people coming through," Fred called out as we pushed our way through the curious students.

Once we finally jostled our way to the front, we were able to see Draco and Harry squaring off.

So embarrassing.

"I know you're a right idiot, but taking advantage of her is just fucked on so many levels," Harry snarled.

Draco chuckled and shook his head cockily. "You know nothing, Potter. She came onto me if anything."

And then, Harry lunged at Draco, taking him down to the ground.

I found myself cringing as they began to go at it, punching, kicking, wrestling each other to the ground. I was rather embarrassed for both of them.

However, only seconds after the fight started, students began to scatter as Mcgonogall and Snape marched over to us.

Snape flicked his wand, and Harry and Draco were pulled apart. Mcgonogall grabbed Harry, and Snape held onto Draco.

Harry's nose was bleeding and he had a black eye. His glasses were also broken and he would not meet my eyes.

Although Draco, he looked rather proud. His knuckles were bleeding, and his lip was busted. We met eyes and he wiped the blood away from his lip, putting on a slight smirk as Snape called my name.

"Miss Potter, I think you should come with us, too," he said in his usual bored and stern tone.

"Great," I mumbled.

-

Moments later, I was sitting in Dumbledore's office, Draco and Harry on either side of me.

"You know, maybe if you hadn't taken advantage of my sister, we wouldn't be sitting here," Harry sneered.

Draco's chair scraped against the floor, making my head shoot up.

"Oh my gosh, stop!" I spat, pushing my chair into Draco's path so he couldn't walk up to Harry. "You both look like bloody idiots going about your problems this way."

Harry glared at me. "Maybe if you hadn't of gone to that stupid party in the first pl—"

"You basically encouraged it!" I cut in just as someone cleared their throat from behind us.

The three of us turned to see Dumbledore. He was followed by Snape and Mcgonogall.

"So, I hear there was a bit of a dispute," he said as he took a seat at his desk.

No one said anything. It was rather awkward, and I don't even know why I needed to be here.

"Miss Potter, do you mind telling me what happened?" he asked.

Dumbledore can read minds. No way am I escaping this one.

He raised a single eyebrow while I tried to not imagine what happened between Draco and me. The last thing I wanted was to give Dumbledore a visual of exactly what happened that night.

"I think it's between these two if anything. Draco and I were just hanging out and Harry got mad. I don't see why I need to be here," I responded innocently.

Dumbledore nodded and I prayed he wasn't reading my mind.

After a long moment, he finally said, "fair enough. You may go, Miss Potter."

-

-

-

Thanks to fucking Potter, I now have detention two days a week for the next month. He was barely punished, but what's new for scarface?

However, instead of going back to the Slytherin house like I was instructed to do, I found myself making my way into one of the highest towers of the castle.

Potter has no idea what he's started.