T H I R T Y

"You Do Know the Bet is Over, Right?"
_________________________________

Draco and I did not intend on keeping our relationship on the downlow at all.

We walked with our arms linked through Platform 9 and ¾. In a few moments, we will depart for our sixth year; one that is bound to be life changing for all.

All eyes were on us as we stopped by the Hogwarts Express. I do not blame anyone for that though considering we looked hot.

Draco wore his classic, all black suit. I matched him by wearing a long, black dress, which had long sleeves so my dark mark was not visible.

"Ready, darling?" he asked.

I nodded and turned towards the express. He held my hand as I climbed on, and he then followed me to the compartment at the back of the train.

Pansy and Blaise were sitting at a table, so we sat across from them. They both raised their eyebrows since they have not seen us since the end of the last school year.

"You'll catch flies. Close your mouths," said Draco as he placed a cold hand on my thigh.

"You do know the bet is over, right?" asked Blaise.

"Fully aware," Draco responded as he slid his hand up my thigh.

Pansy glanced at me and raised her eyebrows. "How have you been?" she asked.

Really, my emotions are a mess. The sight of Sirius during his final few seconds replays through my mind everyday, on repeat, but being with Draco makes up for it. He actually cares for me.

They all do.

"Great. How are you and Blaise doing?" I asked.

They shared small glances and smiled. "Couldn't be better. Excited for the school year?" she asked.

This time, Draco and I shared glances. We were tasked to bring hell to Hogwarts. Obviously, I was not excited about it, but hey, anything for my side.

"I might pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower with the thought of continuing on for another two years. I hate Hogwarts," Draco mumbled.

I set my hand atop his, which was still on my thigh. We gazed at one another and he seemed to relax.

This summer, it was rough for the both of us. With his dad going to Azkaban and with me losing Sirius, we were lucky to have one another to turn to. Neither of us would have gotten through it alone, but I am so thankful to have him by my side.

I really love him.

-

A few hours later, we arrived in Hogsmeade. I went to stand up, but Draco pulled me back down and shooed off Pansy and Blaise.

"We'll be out shortly," was enough to get them to carry on their way.

I was expecting Draco to take me right then and there, so I leaned in for a kiss. He caught my lips in his and set me on the table, in which we sat for the entire ride.

His hands ran up and down my body, which only fired me up. A soft cry came from my mouth as he pulled on my lip with his teeth.

I went to pull off his blazer, but he stopped me. I frowned at him as we pulled out of the kiss because I was wanting more.

"Really?" I jeered.

"Do you really want your brother to watch?" he murmured in my ear.

"What!?" I spluttered.

Without taking his eyes off me, he stuck his wand up in the air.

"Petrificus Totalus!"

I jumped as I heard a loud thump. Draco held eye contact with me as he walked by me, and to where whatever had fallen, had landed. My mouth dropped open as he pulled the Invisibility Cloak off my brother.

Harry was unconscious and soon had a bloody nose, when Draco drove a hard kick to his face.

I watched quietly as Draco returned to my side and took my hand.

"We'll continue in my dorm room tonight," he whispered, before pulling me to my feet so we could head to the castle.

We had to step over Harry as we made our way off the train. Then, we walked through the forest for a little ways and until we came up on the carriages. Only one was left, but I was rather shocked to see what was pulling it.

It was a Thestral, of course. Chills ran down my spine as I gazed at the creature. It had huge wings and looked to be a horse, though it had a skeletal body. As creepy as they may look, I was honestly mesmerized by the creature.

"What are you looking at?" asked Draco.

My cheeks turned a soft red and I hurried up into the carriage, which he was already in. "I can see them," I muttered.

"Who? Are you okay?"

He looked at me as if I was going insane.

"I'm fine, it's just, I can see the Thestrals."

"Theo always could see them too," he replied. "I'm sorry, love," he whispered.

I rested my head on his shoulder and bit back my tears. Not having Sirius in my life will never sit right with me.