Twenty Two

Tw: Death
________________

Xavier's POV

I was standing in front of the mirror, adjusting my tie as I finished getting ready for opening night at the new club. I released a deep sigh. Upset with myself for Alexander making me feel so...Powerless.

He makes me feel weak.

I've come to the realization that I can't let him push me around anymore. I need to figure out a way to take Alexander down for good. I can't keep going on like this. People are starting to notice how easily I give in to his commands, soon people will start taking advantage of that. It's quite hard to get out of Alexander's sight unless I'm at home. So I've had Louis searching for something I can use. Anything that can take him down. So far he hasn't come up with anything but hopefully soon I can be happy again.

This is going to be a long night that I'm most definitely not looking forward to.

The sooner I get out of here, the sooner I can get back here.

After making sure I look presentable, I make my way to the lobby to meet Jerry and Alexander.

"Wow, look at you. Trying to impress me? Alexander smirked.

"You know I have no choice but to dress up. Press will be everywhere tonight. Don't flatter yourself." I tsked.

"Quit playing hard to get. I know you did it for me."

"Get it through your thick fucking skull. I will never do anything for you. I will never love you, nor will I ever touch you." I glared, straightening out my suit. "Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get to the opening."

"Can't you two be civil for one fucking night? You're both acting like children." Jerry said angrily.

"You're the biggest child I know. Enough of this, let's go before I change my mind."

The tension the whole ride feels like a volcano ready to erupt. Ready to destory everything in my path.

But, there's already press waiting for our arrival at the bar. We all paste on our best, yet forced smiles and step into the crowd.

The reporters bombarded us all with questions. I made a point to ignore them and continued inside the building.

The second I step foot inside, I went up to the VIP section upstairs and straight to the private bar.

Filling myself a very generous glass of vodka, I leaned back on the cool leather couch

I can't wait for this night to be over with.

I throw back my drink easily, taking a much needed breath before getting up to make my rounds to ensure everything runs smoothly.

Once I got downstairs, Alexander approached me with a condescending smile. "30 minutes till' opening. You ready?"

"Whatever you say. I'm going to make sure everything's good to go. Go do whatever it is you do." I waved him off withy hand, rolling my eyes in the process.

Alexander moved to walk around the corner down the hall, leaving me to myself.

As I decided to walk past a minute later, I heard two familiar voices speaking. Just close enough for me to hear their hushed whispers. Careful not to make a sound, I positioned myself on the other side of the wall out of their view.

I took out my phone, pretending to be doing something incase someone happens to be watching me. Not that I give a fuck, but less problems the better I drowned out all other sounds around me, focusing my attention to the two men just a few feet away from me.