45 The don's visit

Chapter 45

Adajay's pov

When me and Dean came back from the store I set about cooking, Taynia decided that she wanted to go to the setup of her granduncle who had pass from a long battle with illness and Bartley said that we will all go to give her and Lance our support. Us ladies talked in the kitchen while I cook and we called Donique, she was doing great and would be coming home soon to Quefer who has been keeping himself as far as I know.

  The goat soup with yellow yam, cornmeal dumplings, irish, carrots, cho-cho, pumpkin and corn drank really good and I acted like I did not see Bartley and the others making trips back and forth to the kitchen for refills

The goat soup with yellow yam, cornmeal dumplings, irish, carrots, cho-cho, pumpkin and corn drank really good and I acted like I did not see Bartley and the others making trips back and forth to the kitchen for refills. Dean snorted glancing at Righteous's plate then at Taynia, she mouthed something to her and Taynia rolled her eyes.

After tidying up the kitchen it was bathing time for the twins, then we all got ready at nine and leave out. Lance was waiting for us at his gate and we drive off behind him to Mocco, a live band could be heard when we reach near and the setup was in full swing when we got there. We parked and stayed near the vehicles as Adalan and the twins were asleep inside them.

"Jay, yuh can gwane wid Taynia and Dean if uno waan walk round, we a guh dey right hear suh," Bartley said.

He took Adalan in the car seat and put him inside Righteous's jeep where the twins were sleeping, the vehicle was left on because of the AC that was kept on inside. The place was a bit muddy as we walked about and I was glad I had worn a flat shoes instead of slippers, we went to the kitchen where Taynia's mother was and got introduced to her. She looked at Taynia's belly in surprise and ask if she was ok, Taynia told her that she hoped she was and the talk turned to if we wanted goat soup.

"Jay, next time dem fi mek yuh come cook di goat soup," Dean said while drinking.

Taynia laughed and said. "Dean, mine mi granduncle get offended."

"Girl dead people know mi nuh fraida dem, a wey yuh uncle name again?" Dean said and ask.

"Joel Isaacs," Taynia told her.

"RIP Mr. Isaacs, mi a rock a yuh setup," Dean stated.

I looked at her as she began to dance to the beat of the band, Taynia chuckled heartily looking at her and we both began to rock also. We made our way back to where Bartley and the others were and saw them with a table filled with liquors, my eyes immediately went to the cup Bartley was holding and I went and stood beside him. I will not be allowing him to drink too much, because when he did he will be wanting sex and it was usually hardcore.

Each time he reach for the bottles to refill I grabbed them and only poured small amounts in his cup, he laughed and said. "Mi can manage mi liquor intake ino."