14 Getting to know her

Chapter 14

              Bartley's pov

"So wey yuh think?" I asked Hot-Grabba who sat with us as we discuss getting a new vehicles .

"I think you're right about people getting familiar with the vehicle, but whose name are you going to buy the jeep in?" He said and asked.

"It a guh buy in a Adajay name," I told him.

"Ok," he said and Righteous and Quefer nodded in agreement.

"Yuh think yuh can sell back my car wey buy in a Michelle name? Mi woulda  buy back somn in a Taynia name instead a have it just park up suh," Righteous ask saying.

"Simple one two dat," he stated.

"A'right duh dat," Righteous told him.

"Cool. Quefer, yuh can drive dung yuh car when yuh come up fi Ms. Sharmaine party," he said then told Quefer.

I gave Righteous and Quefer forty grand each out of my money that Hot-Grabba brought me, I had grocery, weed and money- I was good. We stayed over the store house for the day while the workmen worked in the house and Adajay did our laundry out at the back. I cooked some lunch and we all ate, with nothing to do for a while I sat and talk with Adajay while she loosened out her hair, I was extremely interested to know the full meaning of her nick name 'clutch'.

"Yuh good?" I asked sitting down beside her.

"Yes. You?" She and and asked.

"Yea, so far," I replied.

  I leaned on her and she looked at me so I asked. "A wha mi caan lean pon yuh?"

"Mi have yuh up," she remarked.

"Uhhuh, mi have yuh up to," I told her knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"Clutch, what a name," I said and her eyes snapped up to mines.

Great I had her full attention I thought, fuck she pretty- mi caan bare sometime when she look at me, she look innocent and delicate. I watched as she loosened out the complicated twissy wrap she moatly wear it in and I was surprised, all this time I thought she was wearing sew in or some form of extension only to see it now dropped unbound over her shoulders and down her back. I was tempted to run my fingers through it and I could tell by the way she kept her face looking the next way that she was nervous.

I smiled feeling dapper and ask her. "Mi hear sey yuh can drive but how yuh get clutch as a nick name?"

"It's a race car thing," she answered without looking at me.

"I don't understand," I stated frowning.

  She looked around and up at me. "You know when you're driving normal cars and you're going fast yuh press down on the gas, with the race cars yuh have a gas and wind pedal call clutch. I use to work with my father and learn to drive from I was eleven years old, so I got the name while he was teaching me and it end up stucking on me. Only those really close to me know it though," she explained.

I snorted and said. "Ok, Ms. Clutch."

She raised her left eyebrow and made a funny face and I smiled. "Mi can ask yuh a question?" I asked her.

"Shoot," she said.

"Yuh suck hood?" I asked her seriously.

"Nope. Yuh suck pussy?" She replied then ask.